• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premire Pro Automatic Deletion of Files

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working from an external hard disk while using the Premiere Pro program. The program automatically deletes the videos I've been working on and I can't get them back. What should I do?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working from an external hard disk while using the Premiere Pro program. The program automatically deletes the videos I've been working on and I can't get them back. What should I do?

By @Bedirhan23595942fxlk

How do you know for sure that Premiere Pro delete your files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While installing, the locate screen pops up. When I enter the external hard drive, I cannot view the videos I am working on. I don't have the slightest idea about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While installing, the locate screen pops up. When I enter the external hard drive, I cannot view the videos I am working on. I don't have the slightest idea about it.

By @Bedirhan23595942fxlk

Then the files are still on the disk and have not been deleted.

Does the files import if you create a brand new project?

Long shot, the files require some plug-in to load. What camera created the clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I don't have videos in the disc. I used the recovery program. I couldn't get the images back. It doesn't matter which camera to shoot with. I am working with two cameras. One is Fuji Film XT4, BlackMagic 6K Pro. My images are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I don't have videos in the disc. I used the recovery program. I couldn't get the images back. It doesn't matter which camera to shoot with. I am working with two cameras. One is Fuji Film XT4, BlackMagic 6K Pro. My images are gone.

By @Bedirhan23595942fxlk

The screen dump you provided says "File Import Error" and "The Importer reported a generic error". That means that the file are there but that Premiere Pro´s Importer has problems reading the file. The error you get does not say, or mean, that the file/s are gone. If the files are gone you would have seen another screen.

Close Premiere Pro and use Finder to navigate to the clips in the folder. Open the clip in any other software player such as QuickTime. Does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ekran Resmi 2022-06-28 20.17.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program automatically deletes the videos I've been working on

By @Bedirhan23595942fxlk

Premiere Pro doesn't have that function.

Can you view the files in Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The interesting thing is I can't view my deleted files via Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The interesting thing is I can't view my deleted files via Finder.

By @Bedirhan23595942fxlk

You wrote earlier:

"The problem is that I don't have videos in the disc. I used the recovery program. I couldn't get the images back."

That may explain why you can´t see them, especially if the disk is an SSD. I have never successfully recovered large video files from an SSD with the apps i have tried for the sake of trying. (only two apps) When i tried to import the recovered files i got the same error as you and no media player could read them either.

If that´s the case i see two options. Option one is to use a backup of the files and recover those. If you did not have a backup, leave the disk to a shop that can recover the disk. If you use the disk today and write to it will be harder and many times impossible to recover. So don´t use the disk and write to it if you want to recover anything.

Additional info:

There are only one way Premiere Pro can delete files. If you manually make the files offline with the Make Offline feature and check the "Media Files Are Deleted". This can delete many files in one go, but it will give you warnings along the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am having the same problem. did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines