Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premire Pro Encoding Failed

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon,
I am trying to export a 10 second video to a HEVC (H.265) and when I send it to Media Encoder and it fails instantly. 

This is what I am getting:

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00
01/06/2023 12:06:48 PM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Failed to create encoder.

Writing with exporter: HEVC (H.265)
Writing to file: 
Writing file type: HEVC
Around timecode: 00:00:00:00
Component: HEVC (H.265) of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

Component: HEVC (H.265) of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

Could anyone help me please?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rhiece5C7E,

We're sorry to hear about this. Is this happening specifically with HEVC exports? If so, under Encoding Settings, try switching Performance to Software Encoding & check if it's exporting properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sumeet, 
I have just checked my encoding settings and it is already on Software and when I changed to Hardware it says "My system's hardware doe not support hardware acceleration for the current settings"

My current encoding settings is;
Performance - Software
Profile - Main
Level - Unrestricted 
HDR Graphics White - 203 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Unrestricted" may be your problem. You see, I believe that HEVC encoding must be set at a specific restriction level, based on the resolution of your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh really on the "Level" section, do you have a recommendation ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried exporting it to a different location on your machine? If you are in a rush, you can try exporting it in H.264 for a very similar result in your export. Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can give that a go! The only reason I am needing to export it the way it is, is that my colleagues have windows and I work on Mac so the h.264 doesn't work for them on their device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, it's the other way around:

Windows does not natively support HEVC. So, in order for a Windows PC to read HEVC files at all for use in programs that do not have their own HEVC support, a paid ($0.99 USD) decoder driver must be installed from the Windows Store on those PCs.

In addition, Apple no longer supports the H.264 MOV container format as that requires 32-bit QuickTime (aka QuickTime 7) support, which Apple no longer supports as well. So you'll have to export H.264 as MP4 on newer Apple systems.

And what is the export resolution of the video that you're trying to export? This will give me something to suggest which profile that I would recommend setting your HEVC export to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines