• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premire PRO literally unusable (22.2.0) LITERALLY UNUSABLE!

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, where do I even begin....

Firstly, several project that I've worked on got messed up when opened with this new version.

It looked exactly the same in the timeline, effects controls and audio track mixer, but....

The sound was shifted out of sync, audio effects even though applied and seemingly working (sounded ok in preview) broke the audio completely in the exported file, random loud clipping, audio repeating itself near the points where audio clips cuts were in the timeline.... its completely unacceptable.

Even worse, visual effects (nothing fancy), just animated offsets and basic 3d + some timeramps here and there are absolutely out of position in the export and does not match the project file...

How on earth is it ok to push an update that's so horrendously broken with obviously 0 quality control.

I mean, how on earth are we supposed to work and get an end product looking like we need it to without having a tool to preview it? Am I missing a skill where I should magically see how things look and sound without actually seeing and hearing them ?

What's with the carp Adobe?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

Don't open the project in the new version.

Open a new project and then import the old project into the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Peru Bob says above!!

I have to admit I am stunned that anyone would change to a major updated version mid-project though - this is placing far too much trust in the updated version, and I make it a rule of thumb to never, ever update any software tool such as an NLE or a DAW midway through a project. Fortunately, with Premiere it should have suffixed the original project name with a _1 after it's original name, so the original project files are still extant & available to use.

Please, please finish your work before updating. You know it makes sense.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines