Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Preset Mismatch error message

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The preset you have selected is an encoding preset which is not supported for ingest operations. Please try adding an ingest preset."

I just created the proxy preset (using Adobe Media Encoder) that I need to use with my footage, but when I select the footage -> proxy -> create proxies I am unable to select the proxy that is saved on my desktop. When I do so, the above error message flashes on my screen. 

Could anyone help with what I am missing here please, I'm very new to this and still learning everything so would appreciate the help greatly. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 11.28.58 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a three-step process in MediaEncoder.

First, you make an encoding preset. Then you make a proxy preset 'based on' that encoding preset. Then you export that proxy preset to the folder that PrPro looks in for such things.

And yea, it's more complicated than it should be.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil thanks for the reply,

I apologise as I'm a complete beginner (watching step-by-step Udemy course videos to learn PrPro) and have little experience doing anything this technical on a computer.

I have made the encoding preset already. Can you please further explain the next steps you mentioned: 

"Then you make a proxy preset 'based on' that encoding preset. Then you export that proxy preset to the folder that PrPro looks in for such things."

Thanks again, Daniel

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In MediaEncoder, in the typical layout, the presets are in the lower left quadrant. There's some icons at the top of the panel.

One allows you to make a new thing ... as I recall, same icon to make the original encoding preset, but this time take the option to create a proxy preset. For which encoding preset it will be based on, choose the encoding preset you made.

Then Export the proxy preset. You kinda hafta dig to find where the proxy presets are stored in PrPro. It should know where they are and just put them there, but you do have to navigate to the right folder.

This all is explained in MediaEncoder's Help files, you can get there from the Me Help menu.

Neil

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the reply mate, apologies for my late message I've just started a new job. Will try this over the weekend, thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines