• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset Mismatch error message

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The preset you have selected is an encoding preset which is not supported for ingest operations. Please try adding an ingest preset."

I just created the proxy preset (using Adobe Media Encoder) that I need to use with my footage, but when I select the footage -> proxy -> create proxies I am unable to select the proxy that is saved on my desktop. When I do so, the above error message flashes on my screen. 

Could anyone help with what I am missing here please, I'm very new to this and still learning everything so would appreciate the help greatly. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 11.28.58 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a three-step process in MediaEncoder.

First, you make an encoding preset. Then you make a proxy preset 'based on' that encoding preset. Then you export that proxy preset to the folder that PrPro looks in for such things.

And yea, it's more complicated than it should be.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil thanks for the reply,

I apologise as I'm a complete beginner (watching step-by-step Udemy course videos to learn PrPro) and have little experience doing anything this technical on a computer.

I have made the encoding preset already. Can you please further explain the next steps you mentioned: 

"Then you make a proxy preset 'based on' that encoding preset. Then you export that proxy preset to the folder that PrPro looks in for such things."

Thanks again, Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In MediaEncoder, in the typical layout, the presets are in the lower left quadrant. There's some icons at the top of the panel.

One allows you to make a new thing ... as I recall, same icon to make the original encoding preset, but this time take the option to create a proxy preset. For which encoding preset it will be based on, choose the encoding preset you made.

Then Export the proxy preset. You kinda hafta dig to find where the proxy presets are stored in PrPro. It should know where they are and just put them there, but you do have to navigate to the right folder.

This all is explained in MediaEncoder's Help files, you can get there from the Me Help menu.

Neil

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the reply mate, apologies for my late message I've just started a new job. Will try this over the weekend, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it shocking that the Adobe engineers cannot make this easier. It should be so much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change default ingest & encoding presets:

First Step: in Media Encoder > Preset Browser > Plus Icon > Create Encoding Preset > Name, Format, Based on Preset, Basic Video Settings, Effects > Name Overlay > Format: Prefix and Suffix Only. Prefix: Proxy.

Second Step: in Media Encoder > Preset Browser > Plus Icon > Create Ingest Preset. Check Trascode Files > Fromat: same as the created Encoder. Preset: Find the one you just created.

Third Step: in Premiere Pro: File > Project Settings > Ingest Settings > Ingest: Create Proxies > Add Ingest Preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding in version 23.1.0 that creating Ingest presets based on the steps in this thread that Premiere Pro is not recognizing Inget presets as ingest presets. I get the mismatch error dialog. This is not making any sense and I'm surprised no one else is seeing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First ... never assume that just because you are getting X behavior, all other users are. I found out long ago in computer work that this assumption is often wrong. It might be correct, but until you know, assume you're getting a unique situation. And check.

I can't replicate on my PC, just created a proxy preset a few days ago. Make sure that Premiere and MediaEncoder are both showing identical numbers for versions. Close projects, dump the cache files, or ... when launching, before selecting a project to open, go directly to Pr's menu ... Preferences/Cache files, dump all cache files. Then open the project.

Might help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback but I didn't assume one single thing. I meticulously replicated the steps illustrated in this post and got the error message 100% of the time. Is that assumption? Absolutely not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please breakdown how you created your proxy preset a few days ago. Some UI elements have been changed or moved in more recent versions of both PP and Media Encoder and things aren't matching up with previous tutorials scattered across the Internet. When I open ME and choose "Create Ingest Preset" from Preset menu I see what is in the screenshot attached. Curiously, there is no "Based on Preset" option like what was seen in previous version of ME so something is different and I can't see what it is. Another strange thing I see (which is in the screenshot) is that in the bootom right corner there is a "Save A Copy" option but not "OK". There's no original preset that I've created so why default to saving a copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have discovered through much trial and error and research over the past 3 hours is that ME is not giving me the "Ingest Preset" options when choosing "Create Ingest Preset" option, either from a right-click on a media file OR from the Preset menu. Can anyone replicate this and let me know how to get the proper ingest preset creation dialogue? I've attached another screenshot showing what I see when I try to create an ingest preset - it's the dialogue box for encoding preset creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice that it says Ingest across the top?

It is confusing as all Hades. You use this, with your encoding preset as the preset chosen at the top. Most of the stuff you don't actually do anything with. And it doth create an Ingest preset.

And yes, I've complained to the devs about this in person at NAB ... repeatedly. They think it's entirely logical. Engineers being ... well, engineers ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it says "Ingest" at the top. What I'm saying is that THAT is the only part that is correct. The rest of that dialogue box is the encoding preset creation dialogue. Try it yourself. The Ingest creation dialogue box does not have the Effect, Video, Audio, Captions, and Publish tabs. I'm not making this up. Something you don't know is between my last post and now I simply uninstalled ME, rebooted, re-installed ME, and rebooted again for safety. The issue went away.

I wasn't confused about what I was doing or what I was clicking on. I've created ingest and encoding presets before. Today was different and I believe something under the hood literally broke after a recent update, likely going from 22.x to 23.x.

Also, I don't assume things very much and certainly not today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey fellow Kevin. I am going to make my own assumption that you are like me and are using a newer Mac with Apple Silicon? If so then the fix to this problem is to open Media Encoder in Intel mode. Article that helped me here.

This is the second time I've run in to an issue like this where Adobe hasn't adapted something properly for the new Apple Silicon version. Very frustrating. Hope they take note!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, Apple Silicon here. Thank you for the article link. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines