Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview distorted after render for each clip

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am experiencing this weird effect and I have no idea what to do about it, googled like crazy but I can't find any solutions.
So whenever I import and edit a clip, everything looks smooth, fine, all good, see here.1.png
However, once I render the selection the image gets distorted, it looks crushed and loses its aspect ratio. This happens for each clip with varying degrees of distortion.2.png
Now I was theorizing that this is because I use PAR 1,2121 and the source footage is all sorts of different formats. 
However, when I actually export the full video it renders the way the preview looked when I edited and before I rendered the selection. 
Is there any way to render the selection and keep the individual clips from distorting? What's the cause of all this? Glad if anyone can help! My sequence settings are below, lemme know if there is anything else you need.3.png

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

AnnBens_0-1628788223793.png

This is why. HD is never 1.2 (SD non square pixels) but rather 1.0 (square pixels).

And why is timeline 60 fps and clip 30 fps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/using/aspect-ratios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnBens_0-1628788223793.png

This is why. HD is never 1.2 (SD non square pixels) but rather 1.0 (square pixels).

And why is timeline 60 fps and clip 30 fps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/using/aspect-ratios.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, so I should switch it to 1.0 then? Guess I'll have to find a different way to letterbox my videos then. Thanks though!

That was just a test sequence to demonstrate, I usually put out videos in 60fps, because I take a lot of different footage in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want letterboxing use an overlay (e.g. png or EGP) or set height and width of sequence to letterbox or use crop effect on AL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines