• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview flickering problem

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone, I have some trouble on making video with premiere pro cc 2019.

I have the preview flickering problem as the video, is that my computer's problem? because my friend's macbook have no problem on it.

My computer spec: CPU:amd ryzen 1700x , 16gb 3000MHz ram, Display: Gtx1080ti , Windows 10 v1809, software and video files on 7200rpm hard disk.

Video: 1080p 30fps hdr enabled with zy play app via iphone xs max.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I am using Premiere pro 2019 V13.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to fix the audio first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having this same issue. it is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that only mov files have this problem? it is only mov file have flickering. The  temporary solution is to convert to mp4 files, but it will destroy the quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i shoot in MP4. 1080 60FPS. I am working on windows10 also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen if you have imported the clips and started to use them before Premiere Pro has Conformed them. Deleting the Media Cache and Media Cache Database and then open the project and waiting until the Conforming process is done solves this 49 out of 50 times.

How to: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did this. didn't change anything. this problem started as soon as I updated to 2019. I've updated all drivers too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does the footage look in Media Player, VLC or PotPlayer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VLC is work as normal, but not work in premiere pro's preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k!

I have had similar issues with .mp4 files and if i open them in TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 and open the file and then output it to .mp4 the issues for some reason goes away. I have not tested with files from iPhone Xs but there is a free trial you can download and try it out.

Or, if you upload a sample file you have problem with i can try it here since i have TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 installed so can i test it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the menu Sequence / Sequence Settings... and try changing the Preview File Format to another one you already have active. Try QuickTime first.

When asked if you want to delete all Previews click on OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Premier pro 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just resolve the issue with some help of another Adobe suppor community (sory for bas english)

Go to Edit>Preferences>Media and uncheck Enable accelerated Intel h.264

then delete media cache

Maybe its get a little slower... but no glitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a Mac 10.13.6 High Sierra. The Mac is old, but it works fine cos I replaced the 2011 harddrive with solid state. A flicker appeared in the Premiere timeline/previews and renders late in the editing process, in a clip where I trimmed audio unlinked from video. The flicker was like a drop-out followed by a repeated frame... a very distracting 'flash'. I didn't export it. After reading this thread I tried something simple and it worked for me. I just saved the project and restarted the computer, restarting Premiere alone with no other programs to compete for memory. The flicker was gone, and it hasn't come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I fixed the problem by lowering the Hz on my screen. I wonder why high hz should make a problem, but I lowered mine from 165 hz to 119 hz. 

You can access it through screen settings --> advanced and go down to "update settings". My settings are in danish, so I do not know if I used the right translations. But something similar to what I wrote at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could u send a screenshot so i know where that is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-07-11 123556.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Switching from 144hz to overclock mode 160hz worked for me, I tried this first because I don't want to downgrade my refresh rate 😂 But, now I know if I went lower; it'd also be fixed if this worked.

I don't know whats the deal though ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines