• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview issues using CUDA on 2022 and NVidia 496.49

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 with a full patched Windows 10 machine and Nvidia driver 496.49 using a RTX 2070 card. When I enable CUDA rendering its like a viewing the video at EGA level graphics (good old days). When I go software only the preview is fine. I see older posts that it is a "driver" issue but both NVidea and Adobe are not small companies (or price tags) and be nice for this to work.

Any suggestions or wait for a fix?

Thanks,

Ryan

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but it only causes issues with my .MOV footage from fuji XT-3 but not with Sony A7III. I have a 3070 with an AMD processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a fix : activate high quality playback and run the playback on full resolution, worked on premiere beta. Didn't tried in on premiere 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that, does not work for 2022. Is your beta a newer or older version that 2022, as if it is beta for the next version maybe its fixed.

I even tried the Nvidia Studio drives with no luck.

I am playing MXF from a Canon XF-200 camera.

Thanks,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with almost the same type of file, I had to set Open CL to make it work.

I started the project with the previous version of PP and it was fine, when updating to 2022, the playback started going crazy when using CUDA, now it's working but sometimes the lag starts.

(2060 Nvidia RTX, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7 9th Gen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do check the full and high Q playback settings. For some reason the 1/2 and 1/4 type resolution settings in the Program monitor are causing problems where staying full-res doesn't.

And for some other users, they need to also set the High-Quality playback option for the Program monitor panel to on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the latest Abobe Premire 2022 (Build 169), still does not work. I have the last Nvida GeForce Studio drivers (Nov 10 updates).

Abobe 2020 did not do this! You pay good money for pro tools you dont expect thge CUDU rendering to make the preview look like crap after the last version worked so well.

You can see the difference in the face in these images.

Adobe - what is your ETA for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for informational purposes, this forum is primarily user to user help (like me) with some oversight by a few Support staffers and very occasional presence by an engineer. Problems with the builds you wish to get to the developer staff are addressed in the UserVoice system, not here.

And due to their strict observance of "telegraphing" changes as a publicly traded company, their legal staff never allows the staff to give timelines for changes to the program. Period. Now to you particular issue.

On my tablet, there's very little visible difference in the images. The one with (I take it) Mercury Acceleration "on" in the project settings is slightly more contrasty on my screen. 

What camera produced that image? Still the Canon? What effects are applied to that clip? Is the clip any form of HDR, either HLG or PQ? What is the sequence color management set to?

They changed a LOT of the color management processes and default behaviors with this release, and it could be you're hitting into that. Prior to this release, the default was to do a conform of most any clip to Rec.709, but that has now been removed. So many clips that were modded to be within the Rec.709 monitor before are not now, unless the user changes clip or sequence settings.

I don't know that is the issue, but it is one of several that could be in play here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Its frustrating as looking to a community for support of a PAID product.

I have a Nvida 2070. I shoot with a good old Canon XF-200. I have not changed my workflow for 2 years and things worked great. The issue is with simply dragging the media to the timeline and playback before any editing in CUDA mode has the "washed out" effect. 

I will take a look at the Rec.709 stuff and see if there is any knobs to turn to make it better. Thanks for reaching out.

~Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are quite a few here that are quite experienced pros ... so it's frequently a great source for practical assistance. But yea, it would be nice to get a better paid support option. The full support system can be spotty.

What's your OS? Do you have the "display color managment" option turned on in the Preferences?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines