• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview not sharp on Premiere but very sharp on other software.

Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am writing to you today in the hope that someone can offer a solution to my problem.

I have been working on Premiere Pro for several years now and I love the software, but a problem has always persisted, even after dozens of updates. I've come to wonder if the software is deliberately sabotaging the rendering of our work to allow a larger group of users, sometimes beginners, to use it.

Let me explain. I recently took over the color correction on Davinci for obvious reasons, the software being specialized in colorimetry. It didn't take me long to realize that everything was nice and sharp on Davinci, while the same shot on Premiere, imported from a calibrated xml file, was simply not. Why did this happen? I don't understand but I've come to the conclusion that Premiere Pro somehow compresses our video files. (I'm not using prox, I don't need to)

Here is a screenshot where you can clearly see the difference. It's the same shot tho, just used on another software... You can clearly see wich one is sharp and wish one isn't. 

Capture d’écran 2022-09-29 à 09.59.08.png(Premiere Pro top - Davinci bottom)

I'm getting tired of this frustrating feeling that I did something wrong during the shoot, while in reality I didn't. Does anyone know how to fix this ? And yes, I've the maximum render quality possible on Premiere, I'm working on a good computer than can easily handle that, so why, just why?

Thanks for reading me, wish you all a great day/night!

G.
TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forgot to mention it but my preview isn't set on 1/2 or 1/4, it's set to full.

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines