• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Screen Goes Black

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new camera (Red-Vraptor) and shooting some 8K videos in Red RAW R3D format, and I realised every time when I'm editing videos for a couple of minutes, my preview screen will go black completely, I have to restart my premiere pro in order for it to work again, and it constantly repeats like that. I checked on Google and realised I'm not the only one who had these issues, and currently, it seems there's no fixed, my footage is perfectly smooth on Final Cut, and Davinci resolve or at least no black screen issues. 

I also have a pretty decent computer that can handle ARRIRAW footage, I understand playback smoothly are not possible for 8K RAW footage but can anyone fix the black screen issues? 

My PC specs: 

- I9-9900K

- RTX 2080Ti 

- 128G RAM

- Editing on a NVME SSD drive

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: I tried to uninstall my GPU driver and replace it with the Studio driver and the problem still persist, I know people say that changing my GPU CUDA acceleration to software only will solve this problem but for me 8K workflow that's just way too slow for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi) the same case!!! How you resolve the problem? 🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfornately I did not resolve my problem, I changed my workflow to Davinci Resolve for Red and only used Premiere pro for other cameras atm. It seems that the 8K RED V-raptor footage is just too powerful for a 2080Ti to handle during the CUDA acceleration and cause Premiere pro to go black screen, but Davinci won't. (And also it seems the best graphic card for RED V-Raptor need at least 16G V-ram, so ideally 3090 24G V-ram is the best way to go), since 4090 just came out today, I'm going to switch to 4090 and hopefully will resolve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kyle! Thank you for sharing this.

Where you able to solve this problem? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines