• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previewing TEXT fonts on the fly

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using Vegas for 6 years now I switched to Premiere. I love it but everything is SO different, its like going to the elementary school again and learning everything from scratch..

QUESTION:

In Vegas when I was using the ARROW keys I could easily see the text changing on the screen so I could see the result on the fly without having to click on the font every time. Is there a way for that with Premiere Pro? It is VERY helpful feature and saves TONS of time.

Cobra_0-1624346959400.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

You can do so in the Premiere Pro by using the Middle mouse Scroll Wheel. Just select all the text and hover your mouse over the font tab (do not select it or open the drop down) and scroll. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do so in the Premiere Pro by using the Middle mouse Scroll Wheel. Just select all the text and hover your mouse over the font tab (do not select it or open the drop down) and scroll. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to work. You can select other fonts but you do not SEE the result of the font on the fly like in VEGAS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it works. But its REALLY slow, i was expecting the font to change instantly but it takes 1-2 seconds(!) and why oh why they didn't do it with just a simple hover or arrow keys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the type object update or the actively selected text update as you scroll through font choices in the Text pop-up menu works as you're describing in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.

It would be great if we also had that behavior in Premiere Pro.

You can jump to AE, PS, or AI to make your font choices there and then copy and paste the results to a Premiere Pro type object (the text prompt needs to be active during the paste).  The copy and paste behavior for actively selected text should maintain Character panel attributes as well as fill color.

Another option is to go to https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts where you can use the Sample Test field to preview your text in a given font.  If you need to install a font that you like, you can do so from this page and it should sync to Premiere Pro via your Creative Cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines