• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Priemiere Pro / Media Encoder cutting clips when exporting

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting either directly from Priemiere Pro or Media Enoder, the video clip gets "cut off" at some point towards the end. It appears to get stuck on one frame and then drop all audio/video for the remainder of the clip. I am exporting in H.264, Match source -  high bitrate. The issue appears to have come up after the new update. Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue. I've tried

sending the video straight to media encoder via 'Export>Add to Media Encoder queue...'

rendering the video in after effects as a .mov file and then opening it in media encoder to convert it into an .mp4

and exporting as a premier pro project (which didnt open correctly so i wasnt going to completely start over) 

I've probably spent the same amount of time trying to figure this out as i did actually making the video and am getting extremely frustrated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to set the Source Range to Entire Sequence in the Export Settings dialog?

In the image you can see what happens if i set an Out Point in the timeline before exporting. Since Sequence In/Out is the default setting this export will indeed be shorter than my timeline.

If it´s still an issue, post a screendump of the entire Export Settings dialog.

Averdahl_0-1635365295558.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should have specified. I'm actually working in after effects, not premier pro. I dont think a button like that exists in after effects, does it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And actually, now i cant even get my project to show up in media encoder. I click 'export to media encoder' and it opens the app but then nothing ever shows up in my queue. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling, that doesnt seem like its worked either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarted my computer which fixed the blank queue issue, so disregard that.

I brought my half rendered project into premiere pro and added the ending that keeps getting cut off, then tried sending it through to media encoder again. My settings are attached.

Since this is still not working, it seems like it's a media encoder issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue last week on a time sensitive set of videos for a boxing event. I had a very stressfull week trying to get these videos done. It should have been a half a day job an it turned into almost a week. In the end I had to export different sections as the ends kept getting cut off and knit them together in imovie which is just rediculous however as I need to get them done it was the only work around I could find. Also when i dropped in the mp4s that had been exported into Premier it would crash the program itself.

I thought that the issue was may have been to do with a video template I downloaded from Envato being corrupted maybe, however I have just tried to export a new project that is a very simple vector based animation and I have got the same problem once again. 

I am glad I found this thread an I'm not the only one having this issue and that hopefully a s a result a solution may be found. This has cost my company a lot of time and money not to mention the stress and pressure I had to endure last week working on time sensitive edits.

I will try the deep clean solution mentioned above but if there is any other solution that has been found please share.

Adobe this really needs sorting.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with media encoder! I tried clearing premiere cache and re-installing all adobe products as mentioned in one of these comments and the issues is still happening.

I can export as Prores without issue, but mp4 seems to be the problem. I've tried exporting to Prores, then running those Prores files through media encoding and the file is the correct length, but the video and audio stops mid was through a 15 second clip.

After some trial and error, I think it has to do with exporting TO my media server (mine is Synology) because when I set the export destination to my local HD, it exports without issue. However, when I go from server to server OR local to server, I have the issue with mp4 where it only gets through the first half of the video clip and freezes on one frame. The frustrating part, is that media encoder does not throw an error and looks like everthing was successful. To be clear, Prores works fine, it seems to be when trying to encode mp4. I've tried with the server mounted over wifi and direct with a 10GbE connection, and still the same issue.

Macbook Pro (2018)
Big Sur 11.6.1
Media Encoder V22.0 (build 107)
Synology (DSM v6.2.4-25556)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the problem lies with exporting to an external volume. My studio uses a QNAP NAS  and we have had this issue for a year now, with no fixes from adobe. It's been brought up numerous times in these community forums with still no fixes. 

The old workaround was to export using CBR instead of VBR, but that no longer works. So the only workaround is to export onto the desktop and then copy it over to the server after export. It's so fkn annoying that this hasn't been fixed yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for pointing out that the export file system was on a NAS. I've been struggling with the same issue of the end getting chopped off my exported video and as soon as I changed the export directory to the local disk on my iMac it exported completely. This issue has gone on too long and is obviously wasting Adobe customer time, we will see if Adobe is actually responsive to this network storage issue. It's a symptom of companies wanting to sell disk storage at high profit margins, Apple with their internal drive pricing and Adobe with their Cloud Storage model, both see NAS as competition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found a workaround! Using a VBR with 2-pass instead of the single pass seems to be working when exporting to an external volume. Hopefully that works for anyone else with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it!! Thank you so much! I've been struggling with this issue for more than a year. I actually backpedaled to 2020 to avoid this, but my new machine couldn't install 2020.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found The Solution, REAL, I am having the same thing, I was frustrated... this happened to the H264 mp4 format, at the bottom after the bitrate you can find the VR Checklist, apparently all this time because of the VR. Uncheck, then your video will not be cut again. :sparkles:🤘

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines