• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Primer Pro 2022 importing folders no longer works, removed?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit with multi camera with up to 12 campers at a time. I have a lot of files to deal with. Not sure why this started to happen, but when I import them now it just imports the media & not the file structure. Be for it would look like this Cam1 Gen, Cam2 Nifty 50, Cam3 Above & et cetera. It no longer does this, It just grabs all of the files and puts them in the project window. When you're dealing with 200+ files this is madness!!! I could manually add them but it adds a lot of time to the work flow. Is there a setting or is it a bug? it feels like it is the new importer that is the problem but it lacks any setting I can find.

TOPICS
Editing , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new importer page is NOT supposed to be used with other than simple single bin projects ... like newsrooms with a different project for each of then "stories" for the day.

For a multi-bin workflow, use the proper method for that process, as you probably used to do.

In the new dialog page, type a project Name, select a Location, then make sure nothing is selected on the 'import media' middle section nor the right-side options.

Click the Create button ... you get your new project with the Project panel open. Either import your project folder structure via the Project panel or the MediaBrowser panel ... as you did before.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines