• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem exporting: "a font that is required has changed restart the export"

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting directly from Premiere, not via AME. I have used some mogarts but I have made sure all the fonts are there and synced. I keep getting an error half way through the export stating "a font that is required has changed restart the export."

I have tried a few fonts, Algerian, Arial, I have made sure they are authorized and I keep getting this error. The first time it exported ok, and ever since, all exports fail with this error. I cant go through AME.

Obviously this is somthing new as I never got this issue till 2020, does anyone have any ideas on what the cause is please?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do u close illustrator? Ive been having the same problem. I have tried everything. Can someone help me pls? Adobe is so frustrating I might just opt out of this and find a different editing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My second project working with Adobe Premiere Pro and spent a great deal of time learning how use it and I'm getting message as well, I never closed any other programs while exporting though. Does it help if render the footage before I Export? I'm trying again to export with no other programs running except Premiere. We'll see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I get to join the club! Just happened to me on a pre-render, literally no other Adobe programs running and I was AFK taking a shower so ZERO user input during that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem using AME 2020. Did not have Illustrator open as other users have reported. I had left the computer to do its 4-hour render overnight, when I came back in the morning I had this error, and ME was asking me to login and authenticate myself again. I had to go through the same login screen when ME crashed a couple days ago... is this error to do with authentication? I have one day left before a hard deadline and two major sequences need rendering! I'm praying to the Adobe gods this was a one time glitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I'm desperate for this to work, I'm running out of time — so I decided to turn off wifi, reboot my Mac and then use AME to encode. As soon as I started, I got an error that the authentication token was invalid, and it would phone home next time I'm online. Maybe this was the problem? So far I'm half an hour into the render and no issues (fingers crossed) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I've expirienced as well, I belive this bug only affects overnight renders. I think it has something to do with all of our subscribtion  calenders refreshing overnight thus changin the date on our projects. I have never experienced this bug during the day. It does need to be addressed, but in the mean time try rendering a project within the same day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list. Anybody have a fix? My user experience is that; when I try to export from PRO or Media Encorder; It could be seconds or an hour and I get, "A Font Required has changed," It kills my project. I also notice it signs me out of CLOUD. So is there a setting to change CLOUD from not signing off and is why it can't find the fonts? I tried to change my fonts to typical one's like Arial, etc - but it still signs me out. This is frustrating as a paying customer who can't use the program they pay for. Out of 5 exports; typically only 1 out of 5 comes out fine without error. I tried to roll back verison and re-install CLOUD. Still no avail. I tried to KILL other adobe programs running in background like AFTER EFFECTS but problem still exists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my internet is down or super slow and I launch any adobe product it just hangs on the splash screen until I turn off my wifi and it no longer looks for a cloud connectivity.

It boggle my mind that it needs to call home every single time an app opens.

Whats the point of Creative Cloud as a management suite... Why can they not put a time bomb in CC that authenticates closer to the time its meant to lapse based on your subscription....

I am 100% convinced half the issues are some code trying to be clever and call home throughout a process and which it gets no joy things go south, so you have pointed out...

BTW... without doing any updates for the last two weeks randomly today my audio 'mute' button would solo a track and my "solo" buttom would mute the track..... Just one tiny example of something simple that breaks on its own.... But if anyone can explain this to me I am all ears.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEMPORARY SOLUTION: turn off wifi / disconnect from all internet and do your render without the program trying to phone home. Works for me I haven't had this bug since I started doing that. Obviously not a great long-term solution, but when I render my big files I don't use that machine for anything else, usually I let it run over night. When you turn wifi back on then it will ask you to sign back into cloud. Maybe it's some kind of authentication bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alguien resolvió el problema???, es una cagada que algunas versiones antiguas funcionen mejor 😞 es realmente frustrante.

Yo ni siquiera tengo abierto otro software y me sigue tirando el mismo error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been getting this issue too, only on the latest version of 14 (14.9). Does anyone have any experience with the error on the new 15 release? Because i didn't get this issue in the past so hopefully its fixed in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing in 2021. As someone else mentioned, it looks like i got the error because I shut down adobe photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another hit of this in 2021, running PPro version 15.2.

I didn't use any other Adobe program during the session, just Safari and Microsoft Remote Desktop.

But I just restarted the export (not the program) and the second rendering went without any issues.

(BTW, I just used one font in the project: Adobe Garamond Pro.)

/ Kiwi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating along side long hours of exporting from Premiere Pro 2021. Why wait to fix this buggy crapppy ....Bug. ADOBE???????????????????????????????

This is so unfair. Too many updates yet too little changes. This nags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later, and this is STILL a problem. It just happened to me when I shut down Illustrator while I was rendering a Premiere Pro sequence. It's a simple fix for me of just re-rendering, but come on Adobe. Can you really not fix such a well-documented and easily repeatable bug? Just inexcusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 2022 and the same issues just started happening with my projects. On two different 8 hour renders the error message about a font changing forcing a restart of the render came up near the end of the 8 hours. I had no other Adobe products open. The project was rendering overnight with no user input. The second attempt to render was successful with no changes being made. I have not been signed out of the Cloud like other users have experienced. I also just opened and closed Photoshop while performing a new render with no ensuing font missing error message. With another long render to go, I will try disconnecting from the Internet and will report any new findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Due to online meetings already scheduled, I wasn't able to disconnect from the Internet and I observed the render proceeding without issue...until the same error code about the font changing popped up 7 hours later and killed the render. In checking the log, I discovered that after 3 hours of running the queue began starting and pausing every few seconds. A quick search revealed the checkbox in Prefs > Playback that is checked by default forcing AME to stop during playback in PRO. It is now unchecked. Obviously this is a different issue from the main topic of this thread, but perhaps helpful to someone here. Starting the render again and will update with any new information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never disconnected from the Internet yet the render was successful this time. The only issue I corrected was unchecking the box in Playback as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings from 2022!
I was installing new fonts while rendering in Media Encoder, and received this error. So 3 years later it's another thing that STILL hasn't been fixed. If Premiere was paid and not subscription, this wouldn't have happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't edit my post.

Worked the second time, but still absurdedly inconvenient. Don't need this happening when I'm rendering over night!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same 2022. I installed a font during premiere export and it boofed. Exporting with ME now, but for some reason my 10m video is taking 40m...hopefully it doesn't do it again cuz I installed another font during export XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encountered this bug just now. Premiere Pro project rendering via ME. I did close Premiere during the render as this has never caused an issue for me before. Render got 80% of the way complete or more before failing.

I'm SO tired of encountering bugs in this software and checking online only to find the bug has existed and been left unaddressed for YEARS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same error. Has there been a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this happen, and I'm not using any text/fonts in my edits. SMH. Upon second attempt, no problem.  Looks like this still is an issue after two years?  I never had this problem before I got a new computer set up last night with Windows 11.  FML. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we have 2023 and the same error is still happening in newest Adobre Premiere Pro! I'ts really hard to call this software "professional" with so many unfixed bughs for so long time.

I discovered that changed font error appears and kills the export when I run any other Adobe app while rendering in Premiere. So it seems that Adobe Apps are not compatibile with each other 🙂 Shame on you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines