Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem to import MP4 vertical videos

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am trying to import several videos that I have recorded with my phone vertically, but Adobe Premiere Pro does not recognise them and shows the error "The file has no audio or video streams". I have tried with other videos recorded with my phone horizontally and there is no problem to import them.

File type: .mp4

Resolution: 1920x1080, 30 fps

Anyone could tell me how to solve this strange issue?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

I was using 9.0. I have updated it now to the 2021 version and I can import the videos without problem... So solved, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the file/s are corrupted. Can you view those files in another players such as VLC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they are not corrupted. I can view them with VLC or Windows player without any problem. I only have this problem with Premiere Pro.

I attach one of the videos where I have the problem as an example. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Which version of Premiere Pro are you using? (Help > About Premiere Pro)

I can import that clip in Premiere Pro 15.4.1 on Windows 10. When Premiere Pro behaves like this, trashing the Preferences often does wonders: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere

Averdahl_0-1630865945572.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using 9.0. I have updated it now to the 2021 version and I can import the videos without problem... So solved, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

O.k, glad you got it working! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines