• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Adobe premiere pro 2020 and 2021.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a problem with my adobe premiere pro 2020 and 2021.

My adobe premiere pro 2019 works perfectly and the 2020 was working also pretty good at the begining and then someting happen. check the video : (Link removed by moderator)

When I play the footage it is not fluid, but it was working 5 or 6 weeks after the update to 2020.... 

I was hoping the problem was fixed for 2021, but no. I tried everything with 3 people already, downgrade, reinstall, ccleaner, etc with the adobe chat help... But nothing solve my problem, I'm desesperate, and I will switch to Davinci Resolve if I cannot fix that because I cannot work in that condition. 

Here is my last hope if somebody can help me...

My computer :
Windows 10, intel core I7-8700 CPU 3.70GHz, 32 Go of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

@yvonvite  Few more things to check:

3) Try Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input => select "No Input"

4) Make sure that NVidia G-Sync/ AMD Freesync is off in driver control panel
5) Make sure you are using NVidia 'Studio' driver and not 'Game ready' one
6) Reset workspace: Window > Workspaces > Reset to saved layout or just switch to different one
7) Try on/off  "Mercury Transmit" option (Preferences > Playback > Enable Mercury Transmit)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footage is constant framerate, I have same problems, with all my cameras wathever I film, Prores, H.264 or H.265, all files have the same results... Why is it working on my adobe premiere pro 2019 and not the latest version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to try import or using the Media Browser instead of dragging and dropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it, same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My premiere pro 2020 worked at the begining, I've finished project who was working good, but When I open it now, it does not work anymore... Only the premiere 2019, which is not available anymore, is working.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to delete media cache files and then render the selection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that too, I uninstall all the adobe suite and reinstall it also... Same problem. Even when I render the selection, the play is not fluid.... I really don't want to format my whole computer wich is not guarantee it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Even when I render the selection, the play is not fluid.... I really don't want to format my whole computer wich is not guarantee it will work.

By @yvonvite

It would be interesting to test it on another computer. Can you upload one problematic clip and send the link to me in a PM so i can try it on my computer? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop, which work perfectly with the same footage actually... 

It is not a clip problem, I cannot read ANYTHING ANYMORE (prores files, H.264 or H.265) in a fluid way with premiere por 2020 and 2021. Old or new project are "corrupted" by this versions of Premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@yvonvite  Few more things to check:

3) Try Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input => select "No Input"

4) Make sure that NVidia G-Sync/ AMD Freesync is off in driver control panel
5) Make sure you are using NVidia 'Studio' driver and not 'Game ready' one
6) Reset workspace: Window > Workspaces > Reset to saved layout or just switch to different one
7) Try on/off  "Mercury Transmit" option (Preferences > Playback > Enable Mercury Transmit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you su much, I just did the number 3 and it fixed my problem !!!! I spend almost a year using premiere 2019 because of that and spend 12 hours with the adobe chat to fix it without no results.... 

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yvon,

The video "hitching" back and forth like that is always attributable to Audio Hardware Preferences. Basil to the rescue again.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the help.

Trending Cinemas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines