• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with captions

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i work with captions I usually import a srt-file to Premiere pro and then correct miss spelling in the captionswindow. At first everything is working out fine. But after a while, after som editing it´s start to go wrong. I change some words, save, and then continue to edit. But when I go back the words that i wrote earlier the miss spelling is back as it was from start. The problems started with the new captions version. 

I have updated to version 15.4.1

I have tried to restart Premiere Pro from Creative Cloud at the same tima as I hold down alt. But the same problem keeps coming back.

I work with at pc Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz   3.00 GHz

Ram 32,0 GB

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

I hope you understand my schoolenglish 🙂

//Peter from Sweden

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other reports of this behavior, but it does not appear consistent. I wonder if it is related to performance issues.

Try zooming in on the timeline (so fewer captions show at the same time).

Try editing in the Program Monitor if you are editing in the Text Panel.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For something like this, I'd start doing Ctrl/Cmd-S to save the project every other caption or so. Takes about a half-second to do. Annoying you might need to, but might save a TON of your time right now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

I´m saving all the time. But it´s not helping. After I edit a captionsfield, I allways save. But when I go back to that place later the text has changed back to the original wrong text!!! Extremly irritating and time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming you are saving. (And yes, your school english is fine!) The fact that you are saving is part of what makes this so odd: the actual caption text is saved in the Project File. But I don't really know just how the program is working. Once the caption text is edited, how could it revert to an earlier version? 

I assume that some captions remain as edited? 

You import the srt. You are working in the Text Panel. You see a misspelling, and you edit it. I assume that at this stage of seeing this problem happening, you click to another caption and then go back to confrim the change is there. You save the project. At some point, you go back and see that the change has reverted to the original.

Problems like this are hard to duplicate. I would still file a bug report:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm with Stan ... that's bizarre, file that bug report.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines