• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with CUDA GPU Acceleration

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the issue with CUDA on both my desktop and my laptop. I just updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest update (516.94) and the playback in Premiere is completely black. When I switch to Software only everything is fine but the software inevitably crashes. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Studio driver version I take it? And, do a 'clean' install. There's a checkbox on one of the tabs in the install program to do the clean install. I would reboot just before and just after and then try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to delete your media cache: 

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've done all of that and deleted my media cache. Still getting a black screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can be more specific. Did you reinstall the STUDIO driver using  the clean install option.

PC I take it. Win 10 or 11? PP version? Which version was running OK. When you say black, thats the regular program monitor in PP, not Mercury Transmit. It's hard to guess everything, so if you could be more verbose, that would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines