• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Inputting Video when I have audio tracks already in.

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I'm very new to this software/editing in general so I am more than willing to believe I am doing something stupid here. Please bear with me. This is version 15.0 btw.

Normally when I sue this software, I've only had to use it to string video clips together or else clip out parts of a stream. I haven't treid anything fancy yet. Now, however, I am trying to edit a retrospective on a game I streamed, which involves using a fair few audio/visual tracks.

The attached image shows my issue. On the top left (source view) is a subclip I am attempting to add to my project. I have already added my audio clips (dialogue and music) the way I want them arranged. On the top right is show it looks when I actually add it-like all the bortders have been removed. Since this has never happened to me before, I have to assume somethjing is different because I've added a ton of audio first, but I have no idea how to fix it. If anyone has an idea what is happening, I would appreciate the help.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a scaling issue. The image/clip has a larger framesize than the sequence.

So ... you can manually adjust this in the Effects Control Panel for that clip by changing the Size parameter in the Motion effect at the top of the panel.

And auto-fix this for future additions by going to the Preferences and setting the Scaling default to "Set to framesize". It starts at "none". And the other option, "Scale to framesize" you don't want.

Yea, there's a lot of complexity to an app like this. Takes a while to start to feel at home.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I did do that, so now it does add the clip to the project at the right scale. However, because it has to scale the framesize down, the subtitles look really blurry. Is there no way to change the framesize of the sequence, rather than having to rescale evry clip I import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you drag/drop a clip to a blank timeline panel, or right-click in the Project panel, "new sequence from clip" ... you'll get a sequence tailored to the framesize/framerate of your media. You wouldn't be doing any scaling unless you were mixing framesizes or say wanted to work UHD media on a 1080 timeline to be able to crop if you wish.

And you can always to into the Sequence settings dialog and change the frame-size and other particulars of a current sequence. With the timeline panel 'focused' (blue line), go to the Sequence menu. Scoll 'up' to "Custom" at the top, then set as you wish.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines