• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with opening Premiere Rush projects in Pro - overexposed colour

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm opening Premiere Rush projects in Pro and getting some problems. I've captured footage on my iPhone 12 Pro, edited in Premiere Rush and opened on my computer in Pro. The footage looks fine in Rush on my computer and my phone, but completely different in Pro - like extremely over-exposed. I've attached screenshots of Rush and Pro. Note, this is NOT a monitor issue! Any help? 

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

As noted in the thread Jeff linked, if not stated as bluntly as this ... they completely rebuilt the underlying color system in Pr2022. Prior to this, it was a total Rec.709 color system, "with the ability to work with HDR as over-range values..." and now, it's totally color space agnostic.

It's still a work in progress, many things have changed, some things are broken and they're working on a fix, and more changes are coming.

For the phone, it's default mode is undoubtedly using HLG ... and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted in the thread Jeff linked, if not stated as bluntly as this ... they completely rebuilt the underlying color system in Pr2022. Prior to this, it was a total Rec.709 color system, "with the ability to work with HDR as over-range values..." and now, it's totally color space agnostic.

It's still a work in progress, many things have changed, some things are broken and they're working on a fix, and more changes are coming.

For the phone, it's default mode is undoubtedly using HLG ... and you might want to change that to Rec.709/SDR settings. There isn't much use yet for HDR media.

For the media from that phone that is HLG, go to the Project panel, right-click the files, Modify/Interpret Footage, and select the Override to Rec.709 option.

I'm including a couple FAQs ... the first covers the changes, how to work within the new settings options, and what's still broken and awaiting a fix. The second is how to setup the monitor for work in actual HDR work at this time, which has also changed.

Neil

FAQ:PremierePro 2022 Color Management for Log/RAW Media

How to Set Monitors for HDR work in Premiere Pro 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your replies everyone. I was able to solve the problem using the instructions here: Solved: iPhone 12 pro max and 13 pro HDR footage blown out... - Adobe Support Community - 12488904

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines