• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with proxies looking squeezed...

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I shot some videos on my iPhone 11 at 24fps 4k. I know Premiere Pro has issues with iPhone footage, so I created Proxies. I used the proper Ingest Preset to maintain the correct aspect ratio. Pictures attached. 

When I re-attach the Proxies in Premiere they look squeezed when I press the Toggle Proxies button. I have no idea why because when I view the video of the proxie in the finder it looks correct. 

What setting am I missing?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Thank you for those screenshots. They were very useful for me to figure out the problem here.

Here's the issue: You are shooting in portrait mode. Every single Premiere Ingest preset assumes you are shooting Landscape.

To resolve this, you'll need to create a custom Ingest preset with the resolutions swapped. 720 x 1280

Yes, you'll need to re-create your proxies again as well. But this will resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any images in your post.

If you a shooting with an iPhone, are you shooting UHD 4K 3840x2160? Make sure you are not using a proxy creation preset that is for DCI 4K which is 4096x2160. If you do your proxies will have black bars on both sides and appear slightly squeezed.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the photos now? Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 7.15.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-17 at 7.16.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-17 at 7.17.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody understand how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for those screenshots. They were very useful for me to figure out the problem here.

Here's the issue: You are shooting in portrait mode. Every single Premiere Ingest preset assumes you are shooting Landscape.

To resolve this, you'll need to create a custom Ingest preset with the resolutions swapped. 720 x 1280

Yes, you'll need to re-create your proxies again as well. But this will resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello having the same problem, we do not understand the maneuver to perform, could you be more precise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines