• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with playback speed (Too fast) in Premiere Pro (Imported files from Nikon D4S and D810)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have installed Premiere Pro CC and I imported video files from my Nikon D4s and D810 cameras. During playback, the speed is too fast, and I cannot understand a word due to the speed. Why is this? Is the program mis-interpreting the fps rate? I have tried to alter the speed with shift+j or l, but the basic speed for the clips are just wrong. Anyone with tips for a frustrated new user of this program? It was not an issue with Premiere Elements or Finalcut.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

and look into Premiere's audio hardware settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

I changed the input from the sound card to none, and that did the work!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Check your sequence settings, of both your clips and the sequence, I suspect the sequence frames per second rate most likely does not match your imported clips.  Usually when you create a sequence the program will use the clip parameters of the first clip pulled to the TL to set up your sequence, and warn you if any new one does not match. Do you think you recorded at 30 and actually recorded at 24? I believe the 810 can record at 24, 30 or 60 frames per second.  There is not just one recording rate.  24 is cinematic, 30 more typical of video and 60 fast action, or used to slow motion down in playback.

You can change the playback speed of an individual clip by right clicking on it and choosing Speed/Duration, but you got bigger issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. However, the time in seconds during the playback is too fast as well? So its just that the playback plays the files too fast? I have been trying to fix this since yesterday now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and look into Premiere's audio hardware settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the input from the sound card to none, and that did the work!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌good, you have it solved. I would have to guess as Mac and CoreAudio as with my Windows and MME I am unable to reproduce.

I see a lot of this 'playback too fast' and some playback too slow that gives me same suspicion as to Premiere playing back according to frequency as opposed to correct frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed the problem for me as well, but I wonder why is this an issue? How does the choice of input affect the video playback speed? I am on Windows 7, Premiere Pro CC 2015. The sound card is a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme (If any of that matters!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when i did it fixed the problem for a second then the playback was really fast and at the end of the footage it was really slow. The audio plays at its original speed but the video speeds up and down in the playback. Please help me fix this. It is really frustrating I need to use Premiere Pro To edit a video really soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me also! Thank you for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAAAAAAAANK YOU!!! Solved my problem! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In makes no freaking sense, but yes changing the Audio Hardware Default Input to No Input fixed my fast playback issue too!

I wish Adobe would fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also solved the issue for me.  Definitely a bug that needs to be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it, thank you, but good lord that makes ZERO sense...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five years later and this is still a problem.

I wish, Adobe would fix this big *within the next two years*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Still an issue for me too, and I need to change back the mic input since I'm using it for voiceover. Unplugging and re-plugging it in seems to have worked for now? But this is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! that solved my problem too. I'm constantly changing the audio output from speakers to headphone. Maybe something went wrong in the way. Anyway, I think this is a weird bug ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me too. Thank you so much!!

Additional info for anyone interested to know: On a PC. I added a video capture device for video conferencing but Adobe picked it up as my default input mic and output. I changed it back to the system built-in mic and speakers and we're back on track. The "none" option worked as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years later, it's now July 2020 - this was the solution. I had bluetooth headphones that worked fine on my other mac, but not on my laptop for some strange reason. Until I switched to corded headphones, it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My God... I'm still baffled by this,

What's the connection between these and the fps... AFTER all this years, this single audio hardware still worked out for me too, I'm Beginning to wonder if this is actually a functionality liberated after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful! You made my day mate 🙂
THX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made my day as well !!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SIR OR MADAME !!! This fixed my issue!!! I was monents away from crying out of frustration because I also had to fix the green and pink video glitc. Now I can FINANY start editing my gaming videos!!! I just that hope once editing is finished, I won't have any issues with uploading. Fingers crossed 🤞🏾!!! (will post update for those who want to follow🙂)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines