• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with the timeline.

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble adding more than one video to the timeline in Adobe Premiere Pro. It only allows me to add one video, and when I try to add another, it only moves the audio. I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem. Thank you very much.

My Adobe Premiere is 2023.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

You need to have Source targets set correctly on the left end of the Timeline control header block, as shown below. Note the V1 is blue to the far left?

Neil

Source Patching.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have Source targets set correctly on the left end of the Timeline control header block, as shown below. Note the V1 is blue to the far left?

Neil

Source Patching.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Thank you guys so much for solving my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, Enelyng!

Happy Saturday. I'm Kevin, one of the community managers here. Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro forums! Glad it was only source patching.

Suppletmental Info on Source Patching:

An important rule of thumb for editors is to ensure source patching is set up correctly before editing a clip into the timeline. Whether you are dragging clips from the Project panel, or performing an insert or overwrite edit from the Source Monitor, a simple glance at these "blue boxes," ensuring they are "lit up," should be a part of your editing process.

Why should you check? Typically, source patching is automatic, but you can get into the situation where source patching becomes uncoupled. Usually it happens if the previous clip you edited was an audio clip or a still image).

Taking time to "look before you leap" (as my ol' Avid instructor used to say) is the way forward. It's a habit that you can develop. You can also just forget about source patching until you get into the situation again. Then, "look before you leap." Just click a button and it's fixed!

Ensuring source patching is not written in any guide books or taught as a technique in many YouTube videos, some with poor advice as they do not understand the importance of it.

I hope this supplemental info on technique will be useful to you and others in the community. I only mention it because that's the way I was taught back in the '90s. It  is interesting that it still holds true, no matter the program you are using.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines