Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRODUCTION PANEL GLITCH

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

Has anyone ever come across this issue in a Production where the production name at the top isn't visible? It happens across different machines too. If you click on the hamburger icon and deselect "Small Tabs" it goes away. But when you close the production and reopen same things happens. (see attached)

Also, when I try to rename the Production, I am unable to and get and error message "Failed to rename the production folder"...

Any insight into these issues would be awesome!

Thanks!

Alex 

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Joost is right ... you haven't docked the floating panel "into" a stationary panel, so there's nothing about the workspace to change. So as he says, grag the top named section of the floating panel, and drag it to the area where the Project panel is. It should allow you to drop it in as part of that panel group.

Then you should be able to save the workspace as a new workspace. You can't ever save changes to one of the included workspaces.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this, Alex. I am not seeing either of these issues. Let me see if anyone on the team has any ideas for you. I hope to get you a response, but allow me a little time to get that done for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Productions panel a floating panel? I think if your Productions panel was docked, this would not occur.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

It is a floating panel. And you're right, it goes away if non floating, but it always reverts to a floating panel no matter how many times I adjust it. Is there a way to save it so it stays maximized ? Also, any thoughts on renaming the production error ?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... dock the panel, then save as a custom workspace.

That might take care of the renaming issue also, but I'm not sure on that one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, there is no option to save the workspace... see attached

Am I missing something here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the tab to the middle of the Project panel, so it docks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joost is right ... you haven't docked the floating panel "into" a stationary panel, so there's nothing about the workspace to change. So as he says, grag the top named section of the floating panel, and drag it to the area where the Project panel is. It should allow you to drop it in as part of that panel group.

Then you should be able to save the workspace as a new workspace. You can't ever save changes to one of the included workspaces.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Our engineer thinks it may have to do with permissions. If you make a brand new empty production, can you rename it? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for following up! A new production, yes. However, I still need to rename the current one for 2021. Also, I have admin rights on this machine. What do they mean by permissions in this case?

Thanks!

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines