Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Production panel not refreshing / updating

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

My production panel is not refreshing and hence not reflecting the changes I've made. For example, when I make a copy of the project, it does get duplicated and is visible in the Windows File Explorer, however Premiere pro Productions does not see it until I close and open the project again. This is true also for folder creating, moving stuff to trash, etc. 

It's very frustraiting to close and re-open the project everytime there is a change.

This is happening on local drive.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Are you on macOS or Windows or a mix of both? What specific versions of each OS? 

Does this only happen with complex productions or are you seeing this with a simple production?

Productions uses SMB Change Notifications to know when to update a project. OneFS batches up SMB Change notifications on busy file systems and will send them as a single burst.  I wonder if that’s what is going on.  Its actually possible to change how OneFS batches up change notifications or to even disable batching up o

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you making the changes from the Production folder itself? It should of course see them if you do your folder and file changes there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should, but it doesn't.

These changes are made within the production panel in premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. It's like this since the Production feature came out last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not normal behavior. So ... you right-click in the Production, use the option to create a new folder, and Premiere doesn't show that in the Production panel?

If that's the issue, and you have to relaunch Premiere to see it ... I wonder if there's a slight permissions or access issue or something with that folder location.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to narrow the issues down, but since october is does happen less frequenty. Here are my findings:

1) Migrating project to new productions was a temporary fix. Could have been an issue with Premiere Pro V22.0 or V22.1. I'm currently on V22.3 and while it does happen time to time, its something like once or twice a week.

2) Could have been some kind of access issue with the specific hard drive. This error was mainly experienced on 8TB Seagate Ironwolf. Have not been a particual issue when on other drives - nvme ssd, sata ssd or 8TB lacie external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me this seems like an overall problem with the UI refresh not happening in the productions panel. For me more than half the time the panel won't update to indicate if a project is Locked or Unlocked, or if I have a project open or not. Or if someone has worked on a project the date modified often won't change. Or if they left a project hours ago, it might still show as locked by them, even though if I right-click on the name it will allow me to open it in read-write (since it's not actually locked, the UI is just showing it so.) Super inconvenient that I cannot rely on the information from the panel. Many times I don't realize i have a project in read-write until someone needs to get in and has to ask me to exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but maybe @Bruce Bullis  might know who to ask about this. I don't think that should be happening.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Am I the only one experiencing this?

On a local drive, it would seem so, yes. A video of the failure might be helpful. Your statement that the Productions panel doesn't update until you close and re-open a project is very, very strange; is that correct?

Confirming: If you create new projects in a Production using PPro's UI, all works correctly, yes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same issue for over a year. Our Producions folder is on a network share. Every change I make in the productions panel will not show up until I close panel and reopen. Is there a fix coming down the pipeline or could we add a refresh panel button somewhere? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the production is not receiving notifications from the server. What type of network storage and connection are you using - smb? afp?  Some servers that run a custom protocol may experience this, even some custom smb implementations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smb on ISILON storage.
I have CC'ed our IT guys.

I work for the University of Oklahoma on campus. I forgot to use my work
email.
mtoperzer@ou.edu

Max Toperzer
405-210-4531

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you on macOS or Windows or a mix of both? What specific versions of each OS? 

Does this only happen with complex productions or are you seeing this with a simple production?

Productions uses SMB Change Notifications to know when to update a project. OneFS batches up SMB Change notifications on busy file systems and will send them as a single burst.  I wonder if that’s what is going on.  Its actually possible to change how OneFS batches up change notifications or to even disable batching up of change notifications.  This behavior is knows as ChangeNotifyDedupe:

• Changing this behavior is done with the OneFS Command line with the following command: isi_gconfig registry.Services.lwio.Parameters.Drivers.onefs.ChangeNotifyDedupFrequency=<value>
      • Reducing the value from the default of 30 will *increase* the frequency of change notifications
      • The risk is that on a very busy file system Windows can choke with too many change notifications and will start ignoring them.Another knob in OneFS for changing how SMB Change notifications work is set on per share basis.  The default setting is *no recurse* which also limits SMB Change notifications to just the root directories of the share. 
    • Changing the setting to *All* will mean the Isilon will send SMB Change notifications for file changes even in deeply nested sub directories

In our testing the defaults were fine for both the SMB Change notification dedupe frequency (30) and the NoRecurse configuration, so I’m not 100% sure this is what is happening with you.  But it is a starting point.  If you are  game to try, it might be interesting to crank the dedupe frequency down to 1 and the share setting to “All” and see if the problem goes away.  If the problem *is* resolved, I’d first flip the SMB Change Notifications back to NoRecurse and test again.  Still fixed?  Then start slowly upping the ChangeNotifyDedupe settings to get it as high as possible before things break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines