• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Productions error: "The project containing this media is not found on the disk"

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Premiere 15.4.5 on Catalina, 2017 imac pro

I have a production I recently created from an individual Premiere project file for a feature film. The production contains about 30 projects, many of which are projects for footage from many different shoot dates. 

I thought the production was functioning flawlessly until a moment ago when I tried "reveal in project" on a clip in my edit sequence, except it returned this error: "The project containing this media is not found on the disk. Would you like to open it manually?" It then lists the project path for the original single project file I converted into my current production. If I click "yes," I'm able to navigate in finder to the appropriate project and find the clip from my timeline. But then if I try to reveal a different clip, even if it's from the same project I just manually opened, I get the same error. 

The odd thing is that not all projects are affected - some clips reveal in project just fine - but most don't. 

Any insights here would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured this out, so posting here in case it ends up being helpful to anyone else: 

I went back and re-read the longform and episodic best practices document and realized I'd missed these steps:

In Preferences > Media, uncheck the following:

• Write XMP ID to Files on Import

• Write Clip Markers to XMP

and also

If your work uses a single project file

Open the added project and with the Project panel selected, choose Edit > Consolidate Duplicates.

Then I rebuilt the production from scratch by importing my original project file and breaking it into projects, and I made sure to follow this step that I also missed before:

Create a new project for each bin, then move the contents of each bin into a corresponding project in the Production. Leave all the projects open while doing this step.

"Reveal in project" worked perfectly in this new production I built. I made a mistake though: I built the production on my local hard drive and then copied it to the shared Google Drive I'm using with other editors. When I ran the production from Google drive and tried to execute 'reveal in project,' Premiere gave me an error message and said the projects weren't contained in that production, and it linked to the projects I'd created in the original production my local drive. Which is weird! But it at least sort of indicated what was going on under the hood in terms of how productions keeps track of things. 
SO, I rebuilt it again, this time creating the production on the shared Google drive, and now everything works properly. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines