Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Productions workflow

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to know the best way to do this:  I have a 33 minute timeline/sequence full of multicam footage, stills, etc. (for a documentary project).  An assistant editor has cleaned up/organized the video and audio tracks (I had inherited the original timeline from a previous editor who had not practiced good media management).  He has sent back to me the project file of Episode 01 of this five-episode series I sent him to do the timeline cleanup in.  For this series, I am using Productions.  Should I ingest just the sequence he cleaned up into my more current Ep. 01 project ensconced in the Productions interface?  I'm afraid if I do then I will get the all these duplicate folders that contain source media used in Ep. 01, into my current Ep. 01 project, exactly what using Productions avoids.  But, then again, while he was working on the master timeline, I had been working in the project bins, syncing new multicam clips, etc. - work I would like to keep.  Or, am I better off just jumping back to the older project file?  If this is the version of Ep. 01 that is in my Productions interface, then clips on my timeline will link back to it with no trouble, corrrect?  (There will be no window saying the media is missing, would I like to find it in another older project file not in Productions, etc.)

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?