• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Monitor Issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a nutshell, I am editing a life celebration, and some of the video provided for me was shot vertical on a cell phone. Since this is a one-time thing, there is no way to get video in any other format. I have been frustrated by something while editing, and I'm hoping someone has a solution or can point me to the error in my way of doing this. I researched the option of blurring the black bars in the video and have followed several tutorials, but here is where I'm running into trouble. When I Alt-click the vid 1 video and copy it to the vid 2 track, I try to scale vid track one, but on the program monitor, I cannot see the track open over the bars. Instead, all I see is the vertical video with bars. I hope I explained that well enough and someone could help me finish this important video.

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Your vertical video may have those black bars embedded, as in, they are part of the video. In that case use the crop tool on V2 and trim off the black bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the video on Track 1 selected so when you perform your scale, it is occuring behind the "original" video on track 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have made sure I have V1 on. If I turn off track V2, I can see V1 and scale it, but when I turn on V2, I see the original vertical video with black bars. I'm sure I'm missing something, but so far, I have not found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your vertical video may have those black bars embedded, as in, they are part of the video. In that case use the crop tool on V2 and trim off the black bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Winner, Winner chicken dinner! They were embedded. Thank you, that worked.

It never occurred to me they could be embedded. I will remember this tip for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines