• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project becomes unresponsive after 2-3 minutes.

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reverting back to 22.1 I now notice that after about 2-3 minutes after opening my project and scrubbing through the timelines, the entire project just "Freezes" and becomes completely unresponsive. Premiere itself doesn't freeze, but the timeline playback hangs and is unsresponsive(I can scrub with my curser smoothly on the timeline itself) and neither preview or program update. I notice that the disk usage which contains the footage and project drops all the way to 0% activity and stays there when trying to scrub/playback(when its normally 90+ when it works during playback) Its strange because no other project does this that is on this drive. Its just like the Drive stops communicating with my computer/premiere.
What I have tried:

• different USB cable/port
  • resetting workspaces
  • disabling/enabling footage
  • new sequences
  • clearing media cache
TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: If I  try to render anything it just hangs then becomes unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Update, It becomes unresponsive immediately after I import and insert either a png or psd(yet doesn't do this on any other project)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More Issues, I try immediately rendering the timeline when I open it and it completely freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think It has something to do with photoshop, I reverted premiere and AE but didn't do anything with photoshop. I notice now if i scrub over any area with a psd layer it instantly freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, this entire project just seems completely messed up. Ive wasted so many hours trying to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have tried:

• different USB cable/port
  • resetting workspaces
  • disabling/enabling footage
  • new sequences
  • clearing media cache

By @josefl9704091

Try this as well: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to import it into a new project it immediately goes to Not Responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its only doing this now whenever It gets to anything that is Nested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aunque no nos das especificaciones de tu Pc o Mac quizas debas actualizarla o en todo caso te sugiero que una vez que hayas vaciado el cahe de medios crees un nuevo proyecto con el mismo material para ver si te sigue dando el mismo error.

Salu2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines