• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project containing ProRes RAW footage constantly hangs, crashes application

Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working in the latest version of Premiere Pro on Mac OS / Mac Studio M1 Ultra. All my sequences have ProRes RAW footage in timelines, 4k / 23,976. The sequences are setup using the ProRes RAW preset. I have been able to edit and play back these sequences without issue each time I open the project, but for a limited time only. I have not been able to nail down the combination of steps that causes everything to stop working, but consistently playback will freeze. Where I can not hit "play" in the program monitor. The button will change to a stop icon, nothing plays. Sometimes only audio, but no video. Further more, as you scrub to a new section the video does not change. The thumbnail previews in the Video layer does not update. 

At this point I have no choice but to close the project and quit the application. Every time I do this, Premiere will hang, and I have to Force Quit. This generates a crash dialog, which I've sent at least 100+ to Adobe at this point. 

Steps to try to resolve.

• I've tried clearing Media Cache folders
  • Tried a different drive for the media cache, and reset it to my internal hard drive
  • Restarting the computer does not prolong this from happening. It might work for 30 mins or 5...
  • Does not seem to have any thing to do with any effects or plugins applied to footage. Problem existed while I was doing the original edit.

I have not tried to uninstall / reinstall. I'm in the midst of a deadline and worried this will actually make things even worse. At least now, inspite of the constant disruptions, I can chip away at it and get this out the door.

Hoping maybe someone expereinced something simliar to this and narrowed down the solution!

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?