• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project file doesn't open - Premiere Pro 2022

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project files stuck and won't open all the sudden. 

All of my project files in the same project now stuck at same point...I was working on those file this morning. 

When I click cancel button, Premiere Pro freeze so I need to end task from Task Manager. 

I uninstalled and installed Premiere 2022. I also cleared cache. 

I appreciate any help on this ... Thank you in advance... 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue. Try to go back to earlier build of Premiere. Or it might be some external plugin bug if you have one installed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try starting a brand new project and importing this project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have tried to import but it stuck at same point too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work,  and try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, do as suggested by Jeff Bugbee  and try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback. I have tried all of the steps. I'm still having an issue. I left the project all night, I got an Scratch Disk Error message poped up during the night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your scratch disk location? Perhaps there's some corruption or low disk space issue. Did you click Yes to reset it to the default and see if your project opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue. Are you using any VST3 audio plugins? I read somewhere that VST3 plugins dont work too well with premiere. Once I unchecked all of the VST3 pugins from my audio plugin manager, I havent had any freezes since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if you have enough free space on drive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible you have a corrupt media file...  Try taking all your media offline and see if the project opens...  If it does, you can try gradually relinking the media til you find the corrupt media...    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines