• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project file missing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it possible that a project file gets deleted by itself? Perhaps something with one drive sync or something this sort? I did have a look in the auto save files and pretty much everywhere.

I ran a search throught my computer and I did found some strange files like cache from my project but not the project itself. It's very strange. I needed to use it again after 3 months but cannot find it.

It's actually 3 files that are missing which makes it even more strange.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,  project files do not get deleted on its own.

Someone pushed a button.........

Geussing you did not make a back up file, to e.g. a separate drive?

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," or just "Save".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to be rude. If you canno't help please don't comment. It wasn't so important to bother with any backups but I do need it now and I find it strange that I cannot see it anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rude? I am not rude. You are just annoyed you lost your work and having to learn it the hard way (we have all be there).

Computers don't do things by themselves. You are always in control. (Grouping by date.....)

And I am pointing out the importance of making back-ups.

You are not the first this is happening to and won't be the last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a search throught my computer and I did found some strange files like cache from my project but not the project itself. It's very strange.

By @Pietrek

Search for *.prproj in your file browser. This will only search for Premiere Pro project files and not anything else. It´s very effective to do a search using the file extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did that but still couldn't find it. I was grouping it by date and it seems those few day were just gone. I dont know what hapenned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look where your project was saved for an auto save folder. Inside there should be multiple automatically saved versions. Maybe opening the most recent auto save would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pietrek,

Sorry. Generally, loss of a project file doesn't happen and a search as @Averdahl suggests is the usual method of finding things. If you do have a drive back up like One Drive, you can check there too. Sometimes PCs need a "Show Hidden Files" can defeat a search. So, try a deep search using that technique.

Check your Creative Cloud > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 15.0 for an autosave. Hopefully, you engaged that option in Preferences. Hope we can help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines