Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project has an unwanted glitch that comes and goes

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I edited a project with the masking effect. Basically I took three different shots and brought them together in the same frame. Then I used the masking effect to cut out some of the background, keyframed some of the background seeping out of the image, then applied a transition effect so the seperate shots enter the frame smoothly. When I play the video back, during the transition portion for only a few seconds, a weird glitch occurs where it seems to duplicate the frames, and then ignores the keyframes for the background to be cut out. Then it returns to normal. I checked in the timeline and disabled different tracks to see where this momentary glitch was coming from, and the individual clips played normally when they were enabled seperately. Another odd thing is I successfully exported the project once without the glitch peresent, however I am trying to export it again in a different format and the problem seems to have reoccured. Anyone know what could be cuasing this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify this is Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nicholas,

Please share with us your footage source and your pc settings (operating system,ram etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joelle, 

I am on a Mac Mini MacOS Monterey, Chip: Apple M1. My footage source is an mp4 file of a project I previously edited a few years ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried rendering that section of the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

I did. Oddly enough it seems the only time it exported correctly was when I didn't render that section. However, it seems that trick didn't work the second time, so I tried rendering with the same result. The glitch seemed to come up at a different place in the video when I rendered it however. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, 

Unfortunately none of those steps did the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of what it should look like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However it uses the shape of the right frame's mask, and repeats the image in the middle frame (depending on the export settings the glitch seems to happen at different points).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the 'glitch' only appearing during transitions that are applied to a layer that has a mask?

If so this is a recurring Premiere Pro bug.

Delete your transitions (hopefully they are dissolves) and replace them with keyframed 'opacity' changes in your Effects Controls' panel. One key frame for 0% opacity where you want the dissolve to start and a keyframe at 100% where you want to end the dissolve.

* you may also need to *first* nest this layer and then add the opacity change to the nested layer in your main sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it will work in your case but I find nesting clips between adding effects often helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't work. Could it have something to do with the frame hold? Every time the next frame comes on I added a frame hold to the previous video. I even tested out and made a completely different effect, and  the same glitches occur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of using Frame Hold, use the camera icon to get a Frame Grab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines