• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager bug in Premiere 22.1.2?

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends, is anyone else having buggy issues with Project Manager in the lastest version of PPRO?

Edting a 75 minute documentary in PPRO 22.1.2

The film is picture locked and I'm trying to copy all the media included in my sequence onto a separate drive to send to the colorist. For the offline I edited with 1080 proxies for 4K originals. I did this same process with another film in August on PPRO v15 with no problems whatsoever.

With my Sequence selected -> Project Manager -> Collect Files and Copy to New Location. 

Project Manager progress window shows Analyzing Footage, then Copying Media.

But when I look on the drive I see that it is copying all the proxy files from a single day of shooting, including shots that aren't even in the sequence.

I made a new project, and imported only that sequence. Tried again Project manager did the same thing, copying random proxy files. 

Then I went into each bin of source material, selected each clip and detached the proxies.

Project Manager now seems to be correctedly copying the media, I HOPE. It's 75 minutes of 4K footage, so this is going to take a while. I'll report back. But I never had trouble with Project Manager before and proxies. I wondered if anyone else was having this problem too.

Thanks,

Shirley Thompson

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is an option in the Project Manager to copy or not proxies, are you sure you unselected it ?

Otherwise, next time you can try to use PlumePack, it's a free third party tool for Collect&Copy Media, and it gives you better options for the output structure folder organization : https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack

Difference between the Project Manager and PlumePack can be found here : https://www.autokroma.com/blog/PlumePack-Premiere-Pro-Project-Manager-Difference

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does not appear to be any option to exclude or include proxies in the orject Manager dialogue box.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 4.36.35 PM.png

As mentioned below, this is a documented bug/issue and it really is frustrating.  I was trying to use Project Manager to export a sequence as individual clips for another editor.  After generating 30+ gugs of material, I was pretty disapointed to see that it not only used the proxy media as the source for each transcoded & exported file, but that it also grabbed proxy files that didn't even appear on the selected sequence!  The only saving grace was that it used the proxy file name so I was able to notice the discrepancy right away.  Imagine if I used some other naming convention for my proxies that isn't so obvious!  I would have shipped out media that was 1/4 or even 1/8 resolution and likely not realized it.

#yetanotherAdobefacepalm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does not appear to be any option to exclude or include proxies in the orject Manager dialogue box.

Indeed my bad I mixed up with previews I guess. 

As I mentionned above, PlumePack (Third party plugin) could help you there. Even without paying for it, with the copy mode of PlumePack (which is free) you can create an intermediate projects without proxies, and if you need to transcode them, you can launch the project manager from this "PlumePacked" project. 

The current Beta for the new version (which should be released soon) adds a checkbox for proxies, so the user can also choose to copy them which was not the case by default in previous version (always ignored). Also a lot of features for Trimming without Encoding ! https://www.autokroma.com/blog/PlumePack-2-0-Open-Beta

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma - PlumePack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PlumePack does NOT work, in my current experience. Same basic errors I get with Project Manager: it ditches before copying all the files requested. I'm using free version, so no trims - just copies. Fails every single time. Indeed, it copies roughly the same 50Gb of a 3Tb project. So much for a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Rumori,

Could you contact us and send us some logs ? (You will need to reproduce the problem with logs enabled, button at the bottom of the panel). 

PlumePack generally work for any Premiere Pro project. With your logs we should be able to fix the problem you have. 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have since resorted to manually cloning all the data I was unable to do with PlumePack and wiping the scattered originals. I thought about sending you the logs but didn't save them, so I will try to recreate on a different project. I must have tried the export 10 times – drives plugged into alternate ports, etc. etc. etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere since 20 years, the project manager NEVER worked correctly. Check out this thread in the Premiere Uservoice section for some fun: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33843655-better-project-man...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines