• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager Crashes

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2018 and 2019 I've tried using he project manager to save projects to move drives. 99 percent of the time I get an error. This is incredibly frustrating. Happens on my MacBook, work iMac, and home PC.

I've tried saying to desktop, external drives, etc and always the same issue. Yes, the drives have enough space for the project.

So what gives, adobe? It's been a consistent issue for well over a year and it's never resolved.

I really wish developers would stop adding useless bloat and fix the the countless bugs here.Image 2-28-19 at 5.11 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi derricklytle,

Tell us more about the projects you're trying to move. Are they very complicated? Many sources? AE Projects? What do you think you might be tripping up on?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was one sequence from a project. The sequence I attempted to save was only 3 minutes long, no dynamic linking. Just Prores files, GoPro, and some very basic graphics. All from one SSD.

I have this issue on all my projects using windows and Mac. All OS are up to date and all apps are up to date. It's insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have a long file path (Destination Path) that you are saving to? If that is not it, another thing to try is to uncheck "Include Preview Files"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same issue. I need to move my project from one drive to another to either store the data or share with another editor and it's making it impossible.

I select 1 Sequence in the project, check Select and Copy, and check Exclude Unused Clips...and that's it!

The Project Manager can't even calculate the original project file size.

please...Please...PLEASE!! Adobe releases updates constantly but this is never fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate, but I hope Trent can get you going. Project manager is used thousands of times a day, but for some users seems problematic. I will note that it can be easy to misunderstand how some options actually work or interrelated. I've had troubles at times with that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems pretty straight forward but it doesn’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the things that seem "straight forward" in Pr ... aren't. Such as "Max render quality" which you obviously want on, right? Um ... mostly,  no.

With Project Manager some things can interact with bins and assets in inexplicable ways. Use X option it works fine normally but if Y media has Z done to it, the output includes every clip in the bin. Full length. Unless it's on a second Tuesday and the day is an even number ... ha.

@Kevin-Monahan has given information on a couple of those here in the past.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Options in the Project Manager dialog, you only had "Exclude Unused Clips" checked and all other options were unchecked? If so, I can only think of three other things to try:

1) Make sure you have enough space on your targeted hard drive.

2) Uncheck "Exclude Unused Clips" and try again. If you don't want to copy all the unused media from other Sequences, you could Save As your Project, delete all the unwanted Sequences, then go to Edit menu > Remove Unused.

3) Do you happen to have any spanned clips in your Sequence? If so, try removing and see it Collect Files and Copy to New Location works. Some customers have run into issues with spanned clips, but others have worked without issue.

If none of this helps, I would suggest contacting support. It may require access to your Project and media to troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue. It will freeze at 'Analyzing Project'. Assets are located on an office file server, probably that was causing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even get the Project Manager to come up before its crashville.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Crashing every time I try to open Project Manager. Latest updates intalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!! Premiere crashes every time I try to open project manager. Some weeks ago I transcoded a project and ended up with an insane file size, many times the original project (the idea was to shrink it). I then deleted the transcoded project and since then premiere has crashed every time i try to open the project manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years later, and I still don't think I've EVER got Project Manager to work - PPro spends AGES (like 10-20 minutes) supposedly copying a few GB of files, then I get that stupid "An unknown error occurred" EVERY time (yes, I have plenty of disk space - 550GB free, 37GB* of files to copy, no I'm not saving it to a file location many folders deep, and I've tried 'Exclude Unused Clips' on and off). It's very frustrating having to manually find EVERY bit of footage I've used in my project and copy it when handing over a project. Has anyone ever managed (pardon the pun) to get Project Manager to work?

I'm waiting for PPro to crash again, and have noted that the folder it's copying to is 90GB and growing.....just before it crashed again. Right - time to admite defeat, and acknowledge that "Proejct Manager" might as well be called "Project Destroyer" and do it all manually then somehow try to reconnect all the media. That'll be a couple of hours of my time well spent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally understand the frustration. The engineers should provide a full manual on the Project manager alone, in my view. I've talked with them in person at NAB/MAX events, listened in on others asking about PM troubles, and seen a number of engineers responding on this forum over the years.

From all I've heard and read, there are A TON of picky little things that:

1) need to be done in creating the project

2) need to be done in metadata

3) can't be done unles you also did X, Y, and Z

4) can't be done with P, Q, and R media types.

IF you somehow know all the rules, whys/wherefores and limitations, you can use the Project Manager "for what it's actually designed to do" ... which seems to be a bit less than many of us users would like to use it for.

And you are also correct in that it hasn't been made much easier over time. Sadly.

Maybe @mattchristensen or @Wes Howell  might be able to provide some assistance.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem could have been that I had the utter cheek to use RED .R3D files; from hunting around for a cure, I found many people lamenting the uselessness of Project Mamager when it encounters such an unusual, rarely used format 🤣.

So I installed Plume Pack (for free), guessed how to use it (the instructions on the website are USELESS!) and seamlessly exported the whole lot. I shall never use Project Manager again! 😁
https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack/

May I suggest to Adobe that they ask the Plume Pack authors how they managed to do what Adobe has failed to do after many, many versions of PPro? Or just license the code and bundle it with PPro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autokroma makes good stuff. I use their BRAW and another plugin. They ... work. The freebie plugin for BRAW from BlackMagic always failed when I really needed it. And the Autokroma one not only works, it's got workflow improvements over the BlackMagic one.

And ... um ... yea, as to your suggestion to the developers ... heh heh ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not working on Big Sur unfortunatley 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines