Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager Error

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Im trying to move a project from my MacBook to my iMac using the method of Project Manager; Collect files and copy to new location.

But every time I try this I get a error message saying "an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation". I tried that and still no luck.

Anyone able to shed light on the situation would be great. Or is there another way to move the project easily?

Many thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

I believe I have the answer for you.

I had the same error. Tried the same steps as you did, even tried a different desktop and different locations to Project manage to and didnt work I then found that if I unticked the box (Include preview files) then the project manage worked without the unknown error at the end. Hope this helps.

LuMags

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Had the same issue and found a workaround. Made a new project an imported the main sequence from the original project in the new one. Used the project Manager on the new one and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Hi,

I had the same error today (July 24, 2019) on the latest CC update of Premiere Pro. I tried unchecking "include preview files." That didn't work. Then I went back and tried unchecking "Export Media Files to Match Clip Names." That didn't work.

Then I tried unchecking "Exclude Unused Clips." That worked. I was finally able to export the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

When i faced this issue in 99% cases it was solved by unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files"

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and none of the suggestions in this thread are helping me.

Also, this thread is labelled "Solved".

It's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristian,

Sorry.

I'm having the same problem and none of the suggestions in this thread are helping me.

Also, this thread is labelled "Solved".

It's not.

It was marked as correct by the OP. It may not be the solution to your specific issue. Sorry. You can try several of the potential fixes on this post, though. Hope you were able to solve it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved this issue by creating a new project and copying just the relevant sequence into an empty project, then running Project Manager out of that project instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I don't even get that to select?  I have no audio files on my sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sad that this STILL does not work with BRAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Riotear,

Sorry about that.

It's sad that this STILL does not work with BRAW

BRAW is not a supported format, currently, so make sure you keep your third party BRAW plug-in current and updated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same issue in Feb 2021, after trying several things, I figured out the issue. Amongst all .mov and .mp4 clips there was a clip with .avi format which was causing this. After deleting that clip i was able to sucessfully project manage it. If you can't delete it, change the format to mp4/mov. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope!! It didn't worked!! Thank you anyway. If you found aot another solution might be okay if you share it with us. Best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John, 

What did not work ? What did you test ? Are you running "Collect & Copy" from the project Manager ? Did you try to untick "include preview files" and "include audio conform files" ? 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for answering. It seemed to work perfectly and then..
Nothing. The same thing.

Best.

[image: Image 3-2-21 at 2.04 PM.jpg][image: Image 3-2-21 at 2.04 PM 2.jpg]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what worked for me was removing special characters...even the .MOV that exisits on the files you are converting.  I had to hunt and peck for the solution for days.  None of the other stuff I tried from this list worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked "Include Audio Conformed files and "Include Preview Files" and it worked. I tried Unchecking one or the other and neither worked but once I unchecked both, my project was saved 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying the sequence to a new project + saving that project to the same folder as the media worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at this in the future (2021), lol! All of the suggestions work pretty well; no special characters, excluding audio conform, etc. But another problem I noticed is that Blackmagic's BRAW files seem to cause this problem as well. I tried over and over and it would fail every time. So my work around was to just grab all the BRAW files and transfer them to the folder and manually project manage from there (and by manual, I mean do everything by hand and ignore PPro). Made life easier, and more complicated at the same time, haha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya I'm still having this issue with my previous projects. It seems like it's footage from a Canon C300mkii that's causing the issue (which is unfortunately used in most of my projects). I haven't had the chance to try it out with the footage from my BMPCC 6K yet, but sounds like that's also a problem (great).

I even called Adobe support multiple times, and no one could figure out the issue. They kept having to escalate it, saying they're bringing it to a manager and that the manager would call me back and never did.

All of the suggested workarounds in this thread also didn't work for me so I'm stuck having to manually export each individual clip if I want to archive the project which.... who has time for that???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For the BRAW files errors in the Project Manager, it comes from the Blackmagic RAW Plugin, it's a known bug of it ...

We didn't find any native workaround for this. The only options you have are from third party plugins. You can use "BRAW Studio" (which is a BRAW Importer with more features and less bugs than the free BMD plugin), it works with the Project Manager. You can also use the plugin panel "PlumePack", maybe it's the best option here : it is a Project Manager alternative, which can trim your files losslessly without re-encoding : you keep the exact same quality, metadata, and codec (so your BRAW files stay as BRAW files for example), and gives you full detailled report of what it can do and it did after consolidation. It works with BRAW but also R3D, ProRes, H264, H265, Image Sequence, Cineform, DNxHD, ... If you are interested you will find more information on the Autokroma website. 

Best,

Nicolas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy all sequence in Pr, and paste to new project. I have try, it's work! 

chien5E3F_0-1625034108125.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to my experimentation the Project Manager does not respond will if files have been "hidden" anywhere. Once I globally applied "View Hidden" the process began.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES FINALLY!  Right this is what worked for me, I tried everything above and it didnt work.

So open up a new premier pro , import the footage in BUT make sure you choose the sequences to import instead of importing EVERYTHING. Something in that whole project was stopping it working even though I didn't want it to be in there. So would of been a random file or something in the backorund 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, cool, but still doesn't work with braw footage.
No amount of effing around does (meaning - wasting your time inventing workarounds for something that should simply work AND you're paying for).

Adobe is silent, as usual :)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! 

I don't have free solution to propose here, but working solutions though from non-free plugins !

You can use BRAW Studio to make the Project Manager work (for Collect & Copy only though .. it doesn't work with transcode options). 

You can also use PlumePack ! It's a project manager plugin, but instead of transcoding your clips, it trims the media (it removes unused frames without re-encoding : it keeps the same codec, metadata, frame quality !). 

Both plugins can be found (with more infos) on our Autokroma website. 

About the BRAW problem in the native Project Manager, the culprit is shared. The BMD plugin devs didn't really look into finding a solution about the Project Manager error, and the Adobe documentation about this is not clear at all.

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool that at least there is SOME solutions...

But what's has it to do with the BMD plugin devs? I mean for a Project Manager's Collect & Copy it should be a task of COPYING FILES (or a folder of files – an image sequence in this case) and THAT IS IT. A terminal "cp" operation based on file/frame names. Nothing more, nothing less...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but sometimes (often !) there are edge cases, so they added some flags indicating that the flag can be copied, and those flags need to be set by the importer plugin (so that's the point of the BMD plugin devs) but they are not well documented in the Adobe SDK.

The weird things is it should not be handled like this by the Project Manager (not ending with a "unknown error"), it should just not copy those files at least .. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mardusmanicus,

Sorry for the frustration.

Adobe is silent, as usual :)))

These are user to user forums. Express your dissatisfaction to the Premiere Pro product team here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files" didn't work for me, I exported the sequences I needed as a premiere project (File>Export>Sequence as a Premiere Project), opened that new project, went to project manager, unchecked "Exclude Unused Clips" (since exported as a premiere project already did that work) and then it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines