• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager freezing on "Analyzing" step.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the Project Manager to collect and copy the media for archiving purposes.  On large projects (thousands of clips) its start to analyze, and when the progress bar gets about a quarter of the way across it hangs up.  No pinwheeling, it'll just stop progressing.  I've let it go overnight and the progress bar won't budge, and if I hit cancel it will pinwheel.

All of the media is on networked shared storage as well as the project files.

Adobe CC 2017

OSX 10.11.66

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleared out the media cache on the last attempt, but the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryanj,

Thank you for providing all the information.

Do you experience the same behavior with:

• Smaller projects?
  • Projects and media that are stored locally?

Try to collect one sequence at a time and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i do experience the same issue with a large project.

Unfortunately, the progress bar does not move a bit after reaching the 1 % step. I left it run for hours. Nothing happened.

I exported a smaller project and it worked perfectly fine. The target location was similar in both occasions.

Seeing that this isse was first brought up over two years ago, i would have loved to see some sort of solution being presented.

I contacted supprt numerous times and tried to "chat" with someone from the team, but was unable to reach anyone most of the time. After a week or so i was actually able to write with someone about it, but the afterwards demanded data was sent to adobe without ever receiving a responds (CRM:00446000006163).

Please take this issue seriously and deliver a solution. It is important to properly store finished projects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rameez Khan

It does not matter if all sequences, just one sequence or no sequence are selected. Even if "Analyze Project" is started seperatly, the whole thing just stops after the 1% step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest Patch did not resolve the issue.
Anyone out there with an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am following. [PremiereProCC 2019 / HPZ2-G4 Tower / i7-8700, 3,2GHz / 32 GB memory / Windows 10 Pro]

Facebook post : https://www.facebook.com/groups/adobepremierepro/permalink/2249079001820373/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED on my end:

1. Cleared media cache
  2. un-checked “include preview files”

Cheers!

RELATED LINK (Facebook Premiere editors community)  : https://www.facebook.com/groups/adobepremierepro/permalink/2249079001820373/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ervzman,

thank you for your help. After clearing the cache i could indeed start the process and progress further than ever before. Unfortunately, it crashed about half way due to a mistake i made with the drive i was saving everything to.

Afterwards i tried to restart the process again and it not work anymore. Same issue as before. Obviously i, once again, cleared the cache, but it did not seem to help any more. Making things even more confusing....

No idea whats happening there.

btw. i got a response from the official support (after more than a month). The quick answer from them: My CPU was not strong enough (i have a third gen i7, apparently sixth gen would work). How helpful Nevertheless, i rightfully assume that this was just some sort of excuse. I am really disappointed by the official support. It is hard to reach at all and the answers you occasionally do get are not helpful at all. I had two issues with premiere pro and for both issues i was told that my hardware was insufficient. Even if this was actually the case, the response of the software itself should be different (error message and not crashing). Furthermore, in both issues, the hardware was not responsible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar problems, ie hanging for hours on "Analyzing..."

I tried: 

- clearing media cache

- unnesting anything that was nested

- chopping the timeline into smaller (shorter) pieces in case it was "too complicated"

- "consolidating" vs "copying", which seemed to change nothing (still hanging at 1 pixel-wide "Analyzing")

I also tried to double check by:

- just plain rendering before another attempt to Project Manager, as I had followed the above advice to delete cache

The rendering also was hanging. Which made me think that's where my real problem lies.

I noticed that as of 2 days I've been getting a Red Giant error ("not licensed") and had been clicking "okay". I don't use any of their products -- I had just downloaded a trial version to see what it could do. I deleted the Red Giant products/manger, and then it seems to have fixed the hanging. I also unchecked all the options described here, and even dechecked "Include Audio Conform Files" in case that had something to do with it. 

Hours and hours and hours of trying and failing. Better error messages from Adobe would have helped quite a bit. 

Don't know if my problems are the same as others, but I do recommend making sure that you can even render the timeline you want to Project-Manager-ize. 

I should also add that I looked at Activity Monitor (I'm on Mac) and while the PPro was using a little CPU, say 1-3%, it wasn't really doing anything. That was another clue for me that it's hanging, waiting for something, not really doing anything that required CPU or Memory. I suspect it was waiting for a positive response about some Red Giant plugin I wasn't even using.  Maybe your Activity Monitor shows a lot of activity -- then you know this isn't your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same problem here on Premiere 2020 on a Mac. Tried updating, clearing media cache and restarting.

Why can't you get this right? After Effects, InDesign and Illustrator all do great at "consolidating" or "packaging" projects and collecting files and have done so for years. Why can't Premiere get this right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best workaround I found was to create an after effects comp from the footage and use AE to collect the files. An annoying workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue as well and what I found to be the issue was sequence names having things like "EDIT_1_1:1"

By changing this to "EDIT_1_1X1" it no longer froze. Make sure not to use weird symbols in your sequence or even file names as Premiere doesn't seem to cope well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I was facing the same issue (my project manager stucks at analyzing stage). What I did was that I modified the folder's security settings where I was collecting the project. I saw I didn't have enough permissions to write data to that folder. Once I gave all the permissions it resolves the issue. Here what I did:
Go to your folder's properties where you want to collect the project
> Go to the Folder's Security

faizan26498822r9pt_0-1670952803705.png

Click on edit and see which of the users don't have all the checks,
Allow all the access.

Click on Apply and then Ok.
And try collecting the project again. 
Hopefully you will solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you so much for posting this! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My pleasure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seven years later this is still a problem, adobe really produces pure garbage.

<i> Mac OS X 13.4, 2.4 GHz 8core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, 64 GB DDR4 Mac OS X 13.4 </i>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lavanay,

I read your note. You are having issues with Project Manager. There are numerous caveats to using Project Manager, chiefly among them is that H.264 footage is not consolidated so you need a great deal of hard drive space. Unchecking video previews as can audio conform files can work. Let us know what you've tried and hopefully the community can assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I've cleared the media cache, I've tried different drives, i've copied the sequence to a new project, i've updated, and i've tried every combination of checking and unchecking the options in the project manager window. 

What do you recommend?

Best 

Lava

<i> Mac OS X 13.4, 2.4 GHz 8core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, 64 GB DDR4 Mac OS X 13.4 </i>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines