Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Organization For Exporting

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

I've poked around the forums, tutorials, youtube, etc and have seen a few different answers but wanted anyone heres take on the best organization of a project that will be exported to youtube. Heres kind of the background on how my sequences are currently organized within 1 videos project:

- 1 master project that holds all of the sequences which will be within 1 video

- Each sequence essentially represents one section of the video. The reason I have each section of the video as its own sequence is theres many overlapping V layers that contribute to each section so they were stacking up fast

-Then those sequences will all be taken and added into a final sequence (comprised of all of the previous sequences).

My question really comes then in terms of where to place that final sequence which contains all of the other sequences.

My initial idea was to store the final master sequence in that same project. I was essentially planning on creating a final sequence tab, and then pretty much dragging and dropping all of the other sequences within that project into that final sequence in the order I need them. I could then have everything for that one video in this project, and I could simply import my final sequence up to youtube and not import the individual ones.  I however found that it wont let me drag and drop them and the only way (that appeared to me) was actually hitting the "Import" command and actually importing those sequences that are already in that project back in, and then dropping those imported ones in.... To me this seemed odd as if I do that, I now have pretty much 2 versions of the same sequence stored in this one project (The native one which I created, as well as the imported one). I feel like I'm missing something here and I should be able to get those sequences I've already created in that project into a new sequence in that project without importing. 

The only other thing I can think of is creating a new project called say "FINAL VERSION" and then importing the sequences from the initial project in. So pretty much for each video I would have 2 projects - a sequence holder, and then a final cut. 

Thanks for the help everyone. I could be missing something obvious here and I did take quite a bit of time going through tutorials and the basic introductions to everything but couldnt really find anything that fit my particular scenario of project organization. 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I infer you're on Windows because you say you can't drag and drop a Sequence into a Scquence, yes?  I'm on OSX, but my understanding is that some drag and drop functionality on OSX isn't available on Windows; but I'd be happy to be corrected, if I have that wrong.

Have you tried dragging a sub-Sequence into the Source Tab, doing your channel maping, and editing into your master Seqence as if it's a video clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines