• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project panel prefereces

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the default layouts permanently for the project panel to always open with my preferred layouts?

The default metadata display is always there and the preview area is always disabled.

I have a saved metadata layout ready but there always little things that I always change just to work quicker.

I wish this wasn't like this from the start.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set up presets for your panel to show you what you want as you want it.

Click on the "Hamburger" dropdown menu of your panel and you will see at the bottom where you can save and manage your view presets.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 8.26.34 PM.png

Once you save a View Preset you can then go to Manage View Presets where you can begin the process of assigning them keyboard shortcuts. First, you have to use the dropdown menu next to each preset to select the keyboard shortcut field.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 8.26.55 PM.png

Then open up your Keyboard Shortcuts and search "Project View Preset" in the search bar. Now add shortcuts key combinations to each of the fields you had assigned in the previous step.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 8.28.13 PM.png

And now you can save a whole bunch of different views, including meta displays, and thumbnail sizes, and list views.

Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gerikp - Are these Project View Presets still isolated within each project file? If I recall that's how they were when they first launched, but maybe Adobe changed it by now, which would be great!

@UCKG5FD4 - If the above doesn't do what you're looking for, I think you'd be limited to creating a .prproj with the Metadata fields/columns laid out the way you want, and have that serve as a Project Template for any new projects. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, new projects aways open with the default metadata columns, and even loading a Metadata preset does not remember the column order or sizing that was used with them.

It's something I wish Adobe would change... or rather, change BACK, as I think earlier versions of premiere (~2015) saved Metadata presets to Workspaces, (but I could be wrong on that). However, as a backup, project templates can help do that for you at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The shortcuts are a workaround. The objective is to have the preferred layouts open by default. That includes the project panel staying in the same place within my overall saved layout, with the preferred layout inside the project panel also remaining the way I saved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines