Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

project shows offline media ...pathways or media not moved

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone...

my project keeps showing offline media ....when i restart the system or project it connects back only for a while ... is it to do with the internal hardrive problem or premiere pro..i am not sure. ....the files are in the internbal drive and with ample space..they have not been moved .....any feedback is appreciated..

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

i just wanted to update that i changed the c drive from 256 gb to 500 gb as the media cache was getting too full very fast.... I also did a check of the computer at the local supplier and strangely none of the problems occurred...looks like it was due to a power fluctuation problem i think.....i now have a UPS installed and everything is running smoothly

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an odd one. I don't recall seeing something like this. You can try the basics like deleting your media cache and/or resetting your preferences. Is your footage on a drive with a consistent letter, "F:" or such? Here's how to delete your cache:

Delete your cache files as follows. (Close Premiere Pro) 
The files are located here, Paste the whole line below into File Explorer:
%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Simply delete the three folders:
•• Media Cache
•• Media Cache Files
•• Peak Files

Premiere Pro will automatically create the folders and files it needs as you edit. I do this before every upgrade. And/or if things seem to go strange. I also keep a desktop shortcut to this folder for quick access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks myer

will try this today and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do only of the file names have a "reserved" character?  Gotta client who insists on using *, slashes, etc in file names and sneers when I slap him upside the head.  Hard to predict if when these things can cause an issue...    Also, are you on a mac or windows?  Hard drives can get corrupted...  on the mac, using disk utility, disk repair can help and a 3rd party app, DiskWarrior can also be very useful...    Also, a wonky program could be causing some sort of corruption....    If this is happening consistently, I'd start looking at other programs that might be causing the issues.  A clean install of the operating system and apps might be a good idea...   You might also think about getting a uninterrupted power supply which cleans the power going to your computer and hard drives much better than a surge protector will. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...i am doing the remaining part of the project from an external hardrive...power could be a problem in india...it is erratic... i did reinstall the premiere pro twice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just wanted to update that i changed the c drive from 256 gb to 500 gb as the media cache was getting too full very fast.... I also did a check of the computer at the local supplier and strangely none of the problems occurred...looks like it was due to a power fluctuation problem i think.....i now have a UPS installed and everything is running smoothly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for closing out the thread with this info.  Don't think it would occur to many of us here, that a fluctuating power source could be a problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

exactly....that was the last thing on mind too 🙂 ...thanks for suggesting and now all is working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines