• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Projects in Production won't open after update

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Premiere Pro, I opened a Production and was prompted to convert it to match the latest software version. I did that and everything was going fine, until the progress bar got stuck for a long time and became unresponsive, so I had to force-quit Premiere Pro.

Now about half the projects in my Production won't open. I double-click them, a progress bar loads fully, but then nothing happens and the project file icon stays empty.

Is there a way to convert individual projects to the latest update in my Production? I've already made edits to some projects in this Production successfully since the update and don't want to lose those changes either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Found a workaround by using "Add Project to Production" to bring the old projects into the converted Production. :party_popper:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tip was actually very helpful to me. I've been making a weekly satellite tv broadcast and PP asking me to casually duplicate every episode ever because they can't manage to make productions work with their version updates is maddening. I just created a new production and added the last episode from the original production to it and it brought over all my animations and titles and such. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue opening a project created in the previous version.  I get the process message telling me that the project will be converted to the new v22 and the old project won't be changed, however, after I click "Ok" nothing happens... at all.  It won't even close.  Does not inspire confidence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. Did you find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines