• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRORES RAW HQ (ATOMOS NINJA V+/CANON R5) CONSTANTLY CRASHING PP

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to edit PRORES RAW HQ footage on my pc.  Running this project from premiere pro was causing a bsod error.  I trouble shot it for two weeks to try and fix the problem.  Reinstalled everything, updated, installed prores raw from apple, replaced gpu, re installed eveyr program etc.  I managed to get it to a point where I can edit for about 20mins before another crash (at least it doesn't bsod as often.)

I have been through literal days on suport chat with adobe, microsoft, wd, I have had two different people come to my house to try and solve it.  The files projects etc work fine on an older macbook pro, just not the pc.  I desperately need to be able to wor with prores raw footage and I am competely stumped.

As far as I can see its a common problem that prores raw/raw hq are not optimised for premiere on windows.  What I can't figure out is why it is working for some people and not others.  I'd love to even be able to narrow down the issue to a specific hardware/software issue???

Halp!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

PREMIERE - Latest

WINDOWS - latest

media + external drives brand new and high performance.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in the current project. I use HLG files 10 bit color subcriding 4:2:2, Sony's SLOG 10 bit 4:2:2 and DJI Mavic 2 Pro HLG 10 bit 4:2:2. As soon as I put the files into the project in a moment, Windows 11 goes into bsod with the error: video memory management internal. And so it is every time I open a project with the specified files. The only solution for me is to recode files with the Apple Prores 422 codec. The files have become huge, but I have completed the project. This is a problem with the support of files of this format. This issue should be handled by Adobe engineers. And I strongly recommend that they do it. Prior to this project, there were no issues with playing such files and resetting the system. Another trash that goes beyond all the limits of installation and physical performance of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this exact issue with this same camera set up, I have been trying for weeks to solve it to no avail, havin to sell my PC to be able to keep working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines