• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes Raw - White balance adjustable via metadata?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to get a Ninja V in the future. But since I've heard that Premiere Pro is not able to adjust the white balance via metadata (like Final Cut) I'm a little resigned. What is the benefit of a Raw format, when not being able to edit it like a Raw data? Are there any plans to implement this in the future?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/white-balance-and-iso-controls-for-pror...

Okay. Since I found out about this threat and that this issues has been ignored for over two years, I will count it as an Adobe-taboo no talks about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, we users talk about it for sure! But there hasn't been any movement to add more controls.

And of course, we don't know why, so the speculation even I've been involved in is simply baying at the moon. Nothing to "know" there.

In that thread, I did get a hoot from someone who was thinking that maybe because Pr didn't have full ProRes RAW support, they'd go to Resolve. Um, that's a hoot if you also work in Resolve ...  😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I meant is that Adobe ignores this issue. Well I guess I will not buy a Ninja V then because as I said: What use do I have of a raw data if all the Windows applications can't handle it as Raw? Thanks for your reply, Neil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It isn't necessarily that they're ignoring the issue. Just that we haven't a clue what they are doing if anything.

Yea, that can be frustrating. But it's the same for BlackMagic and Avid, the two other mainline NLEs. Neither normally announces what they are thinking about, and any comments about anything not yet shipped is normally extremely limited. At most it is "under consideration" for any of them.

Occasionally we'll hear something, but ... guessing and speculation is most of what you see "around".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines