• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxies blown out in but footage looks fine

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never tried making proxies before, but am taking a video class where the instructor asked us to.  I am shooting on a Sony A7III. Media Encoder and Premiere Pro are up to date. When I toggle to the proxy, the entire thing is blown out.  I have tried all the different format for proxies and the same thing is happening.  When I toggle back, my footage still looks fine.  Does anyone know why the proxies looking so blown out?  Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 3.41.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 6.02.21 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Hi Katharineann,

Sorry about that. It looks as though you may have shot the footage in HDR/HLG, and automatic interpretation of the footage kicked in - which is a new feature of v.22. This feature caught a lot of Sony and iPhone users unaware.

Are clips shot in HLG/HDR? If so, you may want to interpret them as Rec709 in the Modify > Interpret Footage dialog box. You may also need to create a new preset for proxies so that they match your color managed clips.

If this is all too much to deal wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let it be known: The beta works for creating proxies that aren't blown out, using the same settings as you set in premiere. However, "conform to SDR" must be enabled in the ingest.

Thanks so much Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting back!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil. I just encountered this bug for the first time yesterday, and this thread has been very helpful. I'm dealing with Sony S-Log3/S-Gamut3.cine footage, and here's what I've discovered so far.

1) In Premiere 2022 the automatic colorspace transform looks really ugly, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to turn it off. When I hit Interprect Footage in the Project Panel I am not given the option to use the Override to change the Color Space of the clip to Rec709. If I make a proxy from the clip it looks horribly blown out.

2) If I open my project in the Beta version of Premiere I do get the option to Override to Rec 709, and when I choose it that automatic transform is turned off and my footage looks flat and washed out - exactly what I was hoping for. If I now create a proxy file from this washed out clip, being sure to hit SDR Conform in the Ingest Preset like Cory told us to, my proxies do not get blown out!

3) If I now go back into my original Premiere 2022 project and attach my good proxies to the clips there, they do not look blown out! However Premiere goes ahead and applies that same ugly automatic colorspace transform to the proxies - something I was hoping would not happen - and I still can't find any way to turn it off.

So unless I'm missing something I guess I'm stuck using the Beta version for this project.

Mark

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a pain ... yowza.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines