• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxies disconnect every time I render a clip In my sequence

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should be able to work with proxy footage inside the project (color grade/ time remap) and then render the proxy footage for a preview. Instead when I try to work with any proxy footage a render bar appears. Once I try to render the proxy it then becomes disabled and the original 4k footage   is what appears in my timeline. From there everything is very slow and unworkable. (I cannot continue to color grade or time remap off of the 4k footage).

I Work on a Mac OS Monterey version 12.4 and my ram is 16 gb however this should not be an issue with proxy files. 

I have emptied my media cache and made sure my renderer is on GPU acceleration.

I have the newest versiono of premier pro but have tried older versions as well to see if this had something to do with an update. 

This problem was not happenign in the past. I used to be able to edit and recolor in real time with proxy footage and this was never the case.

My proxies are quicktime format.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you making these proxies in Premiere's proxy creation process?

And your media ... is it iPhone or log/HLG media by any chance?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil, thanks for responding, I hadn't realized anyone had. Yes I am making the proxies through premieres proxies process. The problem had gone away while I was working on a few recent projects but I've started a new one and it persists. Same exact issue , I cannot get a playback on the proxies  with a yellow bar above and after iI render the bar turns green and my proxies icon disspears making it so  the footage looks like its in 4K . Then once I try to make any slight alterations (ex. bump up the contrast, change the speed) to the rendered clip there is extreme lag and I have to return to render 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And no the footage is not hlg or ipone it's slog 3 shot from a Sony A1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I solved it. In each of these scenarios I had mixed 120 fps footage with 23 and used the same proxy type for both.  I'm using this tutorial now to try and can hopefully find the solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvv_LnDmOuU

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use the "proper" designed speed changing effect proxies work correctly. Which is Speed/Duration. You need to figure out the right percentage change, but then it all works correctly proxies or no proxies.

According to the engineers, Interpret Footage was designed more for things like changing the cadence ... the pull-down ... when going from say 23.976 to 29.97, and/or dealing with interlaced to non-interlaced or the other way around.

It is not designed for basic clip speed changes, and for slo-mo to put on a sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines