• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxies freeze at 8 sec mark when using 120fps footage

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 120fps XAVC-S 4k footage, so I create proxies. (the sequence in my timeline is set for 30fps). However, when I playback my timeline with proxies eanbled the clips play fine for just over 8sec then basically stall or freeze and won't play beyond that. I can't play at all with proxies enabled beyond the 8 second point into my clips. If I trim my clip back, lets say 4 seconds, then I can play for the next 4 seconds before it still stops. So my clips always have the problem at right about 8 seconds in from the start (it's acually 8 second plus a few frames).

Now, if I set my clip to 50% speed, then the clip will play smooth for nearly 20 sec before the same thing still happens.

I have tried both mov and H264 proxies and makes no difference. Same problem.

I can drop my proxy clip straight into the time line it it plays just fine. So the problem only happens when using the proxy as an actual proxy. Also doesn't matter if I set playback resolution to 1/2 or 1/4 or whatever. My computer should be plenty fast enough (Windows, Blade RTX, 32GB, RTX3080).

I don't think I used to have this problem. The problem may have started perhaps a few weeks ago. But I can't figure out how to fix it.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ImagineThat,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro. Also, is this happening specifically with the proxy of 120fps XAVC-S 4K media, or is it happening with other media types as well?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sumeet,

I'm using version 22.4.0 (Build 57). And yes, this happens specifically with a proxy built from 120fps XAVC-S 4K (10 bit). If my source footage is 60fps I don't think I have the problem. It feels like the 120fps source footage might be bogging down the computer in the background after 8 seconds even though I am working with the proxy. I know I'm using the proxy because I have a text overlay that says "Proxy."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines