• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxies - no automatic relink i 2022-update.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone

When i try to use the "Relink others automatically"-function with "Media Start" under "Attach proxies" it's doesn't seem to work.

So i'm stucked with relinking every clip individually...

Worked fine with the 2021-version.

Anyone else have the same problem or have the solution for it?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Ok so I just figured out a quick enough work around for this!

If you're on a Mac it's as easy as selecting all your proxy files in the Finder window, right clicking and selecting [Rename...] then in the "Find:" box add the extra letters or numbers you want to remove from the file name and don't add anything extra in the "Replace with:".

Give it a minute to update, then go back into Premiere and relink proxies using the "File Name" option and it should work now!

Hope this helps anyone else 🙂

image.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 4.07.44 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-18 at 4.07.52 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case the 'Correct Answer' doesn't make it obvious enough, the proxy file's filenames must match those of the original in order for Premiere to automatically link them. You can batch rename your proxy files by using Finder in Mac, and Find and Replace to remove any extraneous characters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. Any oficial solution from Adobe about this?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with the latest update and my C200 footage.  Based on Robbie W's reply, the workaround I used for Windows really wasn't bad. The camera adds "_P" to the filename, so I batch renamed the remove it.  The process I used: go to the DOS prompt (type CMD in the search bar). Navigate to your directory of proxies using your basic DOS commands. Then simply type the rename command "ren *.* ???????????????????????.*" where the number of question marks equals the amount of filename characters you want to keep (eg 2 fewer than you have).  Hope this saves someone a headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the Canon R5c and had this same issue! I have discovered that with only "Media Start" checked they will Re-Link. I think Premiere uses the timecode information to relink with this method vs. the clip name.  Althought make sure your raw footage and proxies have the same number of audio channelsScreen Shot 2022-10-28 at 11.56.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me too with just 'Media Start" checked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the sameproblem, very frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seem worked for me. Go to Sistem Pref. > Security & Privacy > Files and Folder and Full Disk Acess - give to PP all permissions on files and folders.

Cheers to all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines