• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxies not Toggling

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering a fun new problem today: I've generated proxies for all of my project footage (watermarked low resolution Quicktimes) and for some reason one entire bin of footage is not toggling between proxy and full res footage in my program monitor. (Others are working fine - same cameras, same process.) It shows that they are attached and the media file path, and they all appear normal when I view the proxy files in the finder - the new little 'proxy' symbol on the clips in the timeline even turns blue, and yet it does not show the proxies and scrubbing is prohibitively choppy. I've tried detaching and reattaching them several times, resetting computer, clearing cache, nothing seems to work. A note that I had to generate these proxies on my Intel laptop (thanks to Premiere crashing constantly on my M1 Mac failing to handle C70 MXF files - another as yet unresolved issue in another discussion board), but I wouldn't think that's the issue? Please advise, my workflow is becomming more crippled with every release, it seems. 

22.6.2 (Build 2) on a Mac Mini M1 (2020) running Monterey. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Update! I found a work-around on another forum after posting this. 
I changed the name of the folder where the offending proxies were stored, detached all the problem proxies, quit the project, re-opened and re-attached to the newly named folder (added a _WTF to it) and they seem to be toggling properly now! Not sure why it works, but it does in this case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update! I found a work-around on another forum after posting this. 
I changed the name of the folder where the offending proxies were stored, detached all the problem proxies, quit the project, re-opened and re-attached to the newly named folder (added a _WTF to it) and they seem to be toggling properly now! Not sure why it works, but it does in this case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and what does _WTF stand for (just kidding).  Thanks for posting your workaround...  Proxies are wonderful things but they're sometimes a little tricky.  Just finished setting up a humongous doc project with 40 Terabytes or so of camera original (many 4k 2 camera interviews). I wanted to generate the proxies with a watermark but the client resisted...  so since he signed my check, he won... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines