Proxy and Merged clips: Workaround and Problem after migration

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've found that when we first create a sequence with synced audio, then create proxies, and then merge clips that the proxies aattached will show in the sequences with merged clips.

I've had an assistent prepare a project for me this way. On his side everything works fine. However, since he copied the files to two seperate disks (instead of the origal single storage location) and I reconnect at my side the proxies only show up on the first sequence.
I'm guessing this is the case because the file locations have changed relative to their original storage location and premier restructures the project file when opening.

What I did now is copy the proxies to a new location, renamed the proxies using ReNamer so that premiere will reconnect to them as original files. The only problem I run into now is that I need to resize( scale frame to size, or set frame to size) because the proxies are 720p instead of 4K. 

My worry is that I can't oversee what will happen after editing -using fx etc.- and reconnecting to the source material at the and of the road. I'm looking for some advice if I choose this road. 

Kind regards,
Rowdy

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Proxy workflow requires importing the Full Resolution clips and working with the Proxy files attached.

From what you have described, it sounds like you have been working with the Proxy files driectly in Premiere Pro.

If so, you need to manually change the 720p Sequence 2160p and then manually replace the Proxy clips in your Timeline with the corresponding Full Resoution clips.  If you already have the correct audio in the Timelime from editng with the merged Proxy files (which should be merged Full Resolion with Proxies attached), then you just have to replace the video and not the audio.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes in future instead of using the workflow you did, choose proxies - attach proxies to re-establish links or simply copy the proxies directory into the project directory and files should automatically re-attach.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines