• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy Color Management

LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new changes in color management and color management default behaviors have broken proxy usage.

Let's take a Sony Slog3/S-gamut3 MXF clip ... go into the Modify/Interpret Footage dialog, and apply an Input LUT, and set the Override Color Space to Rec.709. Getting this result:

RNeilHaugen_0-1638314359978.png

Now go to the clip in the bin, Proxy/Create Proxy ... select the QuickTime ProRes proxy ... and when you toggle the new

proxy to 'on', you get this:

RNeilHaugen_1-1638314479169.png

I suppose one could futz with creating a new proxy preset and after spending an hour or two, might get one that would work correctly for this clip.

But shouldn't the proxy creation process be able to apply the clip color management options to the proxy?

And what about when we have need to use say a full HDR in HLG for one sequence, but the same clip transformed to Rec.709 in another?

I have a UserVoice request here ... and would love everyone to go upvote it.

Neil

Proxy Color Management

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Neil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines