• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy creation in 100fps not possible with 14.x version ?

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we often create 100 fps MP4 files in 1920x1080 HD to do Slow Motion clips, which then are slowed down to either 50 or 25%. In Premiere v13.x it was possible to create Quicktime Proxy files with 960x540 resolution and 100fps using a matched source encoding setting and an import setting referring to this one. This worked fine until version 14.x.

All proxy files we create with the same settings are now set to 60fps and it is now not possible to even create / import a setting with matched source again. We also cannot create any manual setting with 100fps, since 60fps is maximum in the dropdown menu. As for now we are not able to use Premiere 14.x anymore due to this limitation.

It's not an option to use proxy files which do not match the original fps, since this totally confused premiere and also the preview playback is just stuttering as hell, it's unuseable.

Please can anyone help with this topic?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If you wish to create proxy files at 100fps, please use h.265 format. In Media Encoder you may create an Ingest preset using h.265 at 100fps and then use that in Premiere Pro to create your proxies. Hope it helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I don't want to take h.265 because it takes forever to render and it is much harder on my computer to decode. I would like to know why prores 100fps is not available anymore??? I worked very good in the past. Doesn't make any sense to me that this is not available anymore. Why is that so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben YouTube hesabım var fakat bunu arttirmsliyim yardımcı olur musunuz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sama Problem, 100fps files in h.264, I need Proxy proress 1280x720 at 100fps, why is this not working anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use H.265 as stated above.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I don't want to take h.265 because it takes forever to render and it is much harder on my computer to decode. I would like to know why prores 100fps is not available anymore??? I worked very good in the past. Doesn't make any sense to me that this is not available anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same challenge. Using h.265 is not a fix at all. We use proxies to increase performance, not decrease it. h.265 is the most demanding codec out there, and is not at all suited for proxies. Having an Adobe official recommend this as a solution is quite alarming.

All 100fps clips are renderes as 60fps proxies with Apple ProRes or GoPro CineForm, using the latest 14.6 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try external proxy generator, like ffmpeg. Assuming your OS is Windows, I've uploaded ready to use solution. Instructions inside, it's just as simple as drag-and-drop. Output is .mp4, just in case Premiere refuse to import it as proxy, so you can workaround it by replacing files manually. But you can edit script to get .mov if needed.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Andr88T403Spe4Olgh1kEKt7gl8?e=m8m4pp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone! I have been struggling with this problem for months and have tried everything. At the end, I followed the post above (thanks for it) and now I have an excellent decision. This is a script for ffmpeg, which you just need to drop to the folder with your footages and run it. It automatically creates "proxies" folder with your 100fps ProRes Proxy files (and Adobe Proxy watermark if you want). Write me if you need it as me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm facing the same problem. This script will help me a lot. Can I ask you to send this script by e-mail? 

fedotov79@mail.ru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! Great to hear, I also really need to be able to use this please! Unfortunately the link no longer works. Could you send it to me please? Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines